Author Topic: G-R.net Members appearing on other game shows  (Read 5110 times)

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
G-R.net Members appearing on other game shows
« on: March 13, 2021, 09:15:56 PM »
Are there members on this board that have appeared on other game shows? I know those gold stars indicate who has been called to "Come on Down" but has anyone appeared on another show? If so, what show and what did you win (if anything?)!

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
Re: G-R.net Members appearing on other game shows
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 12:11:10 AM »
Clock Game John on Wheel of Fortune comes to mind.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 12:14:02 AM »
I was on The $100,000 Pyramid Season 4 premiere on ABC, which aired on June 9, 2019. I won $50,000 in the Winner's Circle and a Disney Cruise to the Bahamas in the Mystery 7 (which I went on a month before lockdowns in 2020). Also, I believe that I currently hold the Winner's Circle time record in the Strahan era of the show.

I was also in the at-home audience video wall for Let's Make a Deal on the episodes that aired January 25, February 2, and February 24, 2021. I was not picked to make a deal, however.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 12:19:54 AM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 12:08:42 PM »
goldroadfanatic, how many episodes/tapings do they give each virtual audience member? What is the audition process to get on?

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 12:57:11 PM »
thepriceis_J and Punchboard91 were on Wheel of Fortune within the span of a few months.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 02:14:30 PM »
goldroadfanatic, how many episodes/tapings do they give each virtual audience member? What is the audition process to get on?

If I remember correctly, I applied to a casting call back in July or August 2020. I filled out an application and I did not hear back from anyone until mid October. In that month, one of the casting producers had a phone conversation with me about my background, what I liked about the show (the ability to be at a big party and be your authentic self and let loose, something you may not get to do in your everyday life), and what my dream prize was (a washer & dryer). The producer also interviewed me about what costume ideas I had (I said a figure skater). From there, I waited a couple of more weeks for an invitation to attend a taping virtually on December 1, 2020. Aside from the long time between application and first call, this audition process went much quicker and was easier to complete than the one on The $100,000 Pyramid.

On the day of taping, I stood in front of my webcam, ready to be part of the virtual audience. We were told when to amp up our excitement, especially when Wayne may be going to the wall to pick someone from the virtual audience. We also did pickups as needed. During the commercial breaks, the virtual audience attendees conversed with each other to learn about their lives and what they hoped to win. This taping session was 9 hours long and I sat through three episodes. When the taping wrapped up, we were told to watch our email inboxes for the episode numbers and to check back on the show's website for when our shows would air. Also, they said that they may reach out to us to invite us back to a future taping if we weren't picked to make a deal (I never received a callback).

Overall, it was a fun experience and I hope to do it again in the future, in-person or virtually.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2021, 10:09:57 PM »
thepriceis_J and Punchboard91 were on Wheel of Fortune within the span of a few months.
I remember J, but I don't remember Punchboard's appearance. Which one would that have been?

WooWho immediately comes to my mind.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2021, 10:36:11 PM »
It’s repeating March 27, so tune in and find out how I did.  ;-)

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 12:25:26 PM »
I was a contestant on 'Jeopardy!' in the '90s (two-day champion).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 12:32:39 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline lejusteprix

• 12/14/2015
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2021, 07:12:26 AM »
I've appeared on 12 different game shows - 9 on tv, one on radio and two different podcast game shows.  Tons of fun all around! Here's a summary if you'd like to see... and if you have any questions please let me know!

Offline magic#92

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2021, 01:35:23 AM »
I was in the Mob on 1 vs 100 with Bob Saget.  I didn’t win any money, unfortunately, because I missed the same question that the contestant did.  “What do Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts have in common?” The answer was “their motto” and I was in the Boy Scouts and had no idea.  Oh, well. After the taping, I got to walk around the inactive “Deal or No Deal” set which was pretty cool.
This is Wilford Brimley reminding you to help control your diabeetus.  Check your blood sugar and check it often.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2021, 01:09:48 PM »
^ I think the contestant's guess was "their badge system"? It's been a while, so I don't entirely remember.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2021, 07:58:34 PM »
I've appeared on 12 different game shows - 9 on tv, one on radio and two different podcast game shows.  Tons of fun all around! Here's a summary if you'd like to see... and if you have any questions please let me know!
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Are you trying to get on any other shows currently?

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2021, 08:57:44 PM »
^ I think the contestant's guess was "their badge system"? It's been a while, so I don't entirely remember.

I found the video of it online, and yes, that was their guess. I don't know if they want it to be posted here, so I won't share the link of the video, but I found it.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2021, 09:42:49 AM »
I was "randomly chosen" as an audience contestant on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire with Meredith Vieira. I had to answer the next question after the contestant got theirs wrong. Unfortunately I got mine wrong and instead of winning $1000 I won 100 free games of millionaire on facebook. Woohoo