Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 3/15/2021  (Read 2141 times)

Online JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 3/15/2021
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2021, 10:52:28 PM »
Too bad on Golden Road, the 0 being correct for the 2nd prize was definitely tricky.

But at least Stack the Deck was won! How about that, twice in a row now. This was a bit tougher than last time, since $21 was a good possibility also.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2021, 10:54:41 PM »
There is no way any reasonable person was going to win Golden Road today.

Stack the Deck is having an amazing year.  I'm not sure whether it's because of easier grocery setups, dumb luck, or some combination of the two, but it's been damn fun to watch.

Also, apart from everything else, how crazy is it that Stack the Deck's entire price was already in the right place today?

Drew's breakdown of the prizes in One Wrøng Price was hilarious.

I also contribute reviews on bobbybsk’s web site where I also rate the shows.

I have no idea who that is.

Anyway it seems every episode that has a Luxury Pricing Game like it was played today becomes the talk of the Internet.  I too was appalled by today’s outcome.  When I rate these kinds of shows on bobbybsk’s site, I automatically award said player the Player of the Week and/or Embarassment of the Week (depending on the outcome).

Honestly, that's pretty stupid.  If you're going to give a particular title to a certain thing every time it happens without providing any context, it basically makes it meaningless.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline racegame113

• Outside in Line
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2021, 05:26:01 PM »
This is the first time I have contributed to this particular forum.  I also contribute reviews on bobbybsk’s web site where I also rate the shows.

Welcome aboard! I have seen your comments on bobbymgsk and I have enjoyed your sense of taste in those comments (like every skit featuring Monty’s ghost).

I will say that this forum is pretty darn strict. A friend of mine got kicked out not too long ago for petty behavior and because one found the comments “unnecessary”.

I will say that Golden Road was meant to be lost too, but going that far to calling it an embarrassment of the week is too much. How do you think I would’ve felt if you called me out for not winning Golden Road?

As long as you are civil in your comments (and no, “appalled” is not a choice word for this episode), have fun posting!