Author Topic: Most retired games in an episode?  (Read 2007 times)

Offline tpirfansince1972

• In Contestant's Row
Most retired games in an episode?
« on: March 25, 2021, 05:53:07 PM »
33 of the 110 pricing games that the show has had over the last 49 seasons have since been "retired".  I don't know if the first incarnation of "Time Is Money" is considered the 34th retired game or not.  I myself do not consider it to be so.

In any event, my question is, has there ever been an hour long episode that featured all retired pricing games?  If not, what is the record?  Very hard to know I realize, and to pinpoint, but I figured if anyone might have an idea, it would be someone on these boards.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: Most retired games in an episode?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 05:58:00 PM »
There isn't one with all six retired, but October 31, 1985 from Season 14 has five retired games, although the slotting is unknown:

Give or Keep
On the Nose
Poker Game
Bump
3 Strikes
Penny Ante
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline PIRfanSince72

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Most retired games in an episode?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 01:50:49 PM »
Holy Trick or Treat, Halloween 1985!  Awesome stuff!

It was a pure pricing game line-up too.  By "pure" I mean both car games were just for cars, no grocery items or small prizes involved.  Also a small prize game for a larger prize plus a grocery item game for a larger prize, and two "quicky" games with Poker Game & Bump.  No games played for cash that day either.  As pure as a lineup can get!

Thank you.