Author Topic: Price is Right at Night: April 21 (Singh) and April 28 (Haddish) [SPOILERS]  (Read 8072 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Next two celebrity specials are up.. April 21 with Lilly Singh and April 28 with Tiffany Haddish.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 02:57:09 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Price is Right at Night: April 21 (Singh) and April 28 (Haddish)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 01:59:49 PM »
Just a word of warning if you read the article-- it contains a big spoiler about a Showcase prize in Tiffany Haddish's episode, plus one game and a couple of prizes in the Lilly Singh episode.

So apparently Tiffany Haddish's Kids Say the Darndest Things is coming to CBS where the Bill Cosby hosted version aired after being on ABC briefly in 2019.

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Price is Right at Night: April 21 (Singh) and April 28 (Haddish)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 02:27:24 PM »
amazing prizes including cash, trips, and cars.

Why does this remind me of a Wheel of Fortune press release?  :oldlol:

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
How are they doing these with the social distancing already in place, are the cameras so zoomed out to fit everything in?

Offline plinkostick1

• In the Audience
Can't say I really get the "celebrity helper" thing they've been doing with Adam devine and ludacris (assuming the same situation here). The celebrities probably have even less knowledge on the prices than your average contestant. I thought the whole show being celebrity contestants worked fine like they did with "The Neighborhood" cast, unless they can't come up with 6 celebrities willing to play.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Ideally there would be no "celebrity helper" like when they did the first nighttime episode this season with the essential worker contestants, but I prefer the civilian contestants with the celebrity helper vs all celebrities playing.

How are they doing these with the social distancing already in place, are the cameras so zoomed out to fit everything in?
They've already done two nighttime episodes with a celebrity this season.

Offline bonkers77

one of these is #045SP?

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
They've already done two nighttime episodes with a celebrity this season.

I know, I am asking how they are doing the camera angles to fit all 3 in and the games

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
There's a possibility that the show on the 28th will not air due to the President giving his first address to a joint session of Congress that day
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
State of the Unions usually start at 9pm, I'm not overly concerned.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Comcast's on-screen schedule for April 28 shows Price at 8, followed by the State of the Union.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Comcast's on-screen schedule for April 28 shows Price at 8, followed by the State of the Union.
State of the Unions usually start at 9pm, I'm not overly concerned.

For the Eastern and Central time zones, there will be no problem. But it will be preempted in the Mountain & Pacific time zones. CBS may decide they want everyone to be able to watch the nighttime TPiR special instead of just half the country and move it.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
For the Eastern and Central time zones, there will be no problem. But it will be preempted in the Mountain & Pacific time zones. CBS may decide they want everyone to be able to watch the nighttime TPiR special instead of just half the country and move it.

Or would it just be after the speech out there?  Since 9pm Eastern is 6pm Pacific, even if his speech went 2 hours it would be over by 8pm Pacific/9pm Mountain, and they could air this show at that point.

Offline RatRace10

I just checked the TV schedule sections of the websites of KCBS (Los Angeles) and KCNC (Denver). I always thought SOTU was aired live across all time zones, but according to their listed schedules, KCBS will air SOTU at 9:00 PM Pacific Time and KCNC at 8:00 PM Mountain Time, both with TPIR at Night at its regular time of 8 PT / 7 MT.

The West Coast ABC stations don't even have it listed at all. I checked KABC (Los Angeles) and KGO (San Francisco) and they have the usual schedule for Wednesday 4/28. I know usually when they air SOTU, it pre-empts the 6:00 news, Jeopardy!, and Wheel of Fortune (ABC World News airs at 5:30 on the West Coast, not 6:30). The latter two usually get moved to 9 or 10 PM to fill the void in the primetime schedule left by SOTU's slot for the East Coast.

Offline AussieEvil

• Not Hurt By Pain™
Now why don't they use the black floors for the primetime specials anymore?
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."