Author Topic: George Gray anniversary at TPIR  (Read 3337 times)

Offline dagdoggnh

• Walking the Golden Road
George Gray anniversary at TPIR
« on: April 20, 2021, 11:15:49 AM »
Drew announced at the start of today's episode that today is George Gray's 10th anniversary as permanent TPIR announcer.

Offline GR_Man_9009

• Walking the Golden Road
  • BBT Rules!
    • My Facebook Page
Re: George Gray anniversary at TPIR
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 11:21:29 AM »
Did Drew mean today as in April 20th, 2021 or today as in whenever the episode was originally taped?
The Big Bang Theory Rules!

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 11:38:10 AM »
Not certain, but a certain online encyclopedia indicates his first show was 4/18/11, so it's pretty close if that is correct (perhaps this show was supposed to be on Monday originally)?

Also of interest, his heart attack hospitalization last year is listed as 4/20/20, so the anniversary of that (less happy) occasion as well.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 10:24:04 PM »
Whether it’s 4/18 or 4/20, it’s still remarkable for George to reach ten years on the show, and from there, start his eleventh season.  I think that was one of the, if not, best hires TPTB over the past 15 years.  The health scare a year ago was just that: scary.  Looks like he’s doing well, and he’s been a nice fit for the show with a set of skills from announcing to participation of a lot of other things on TPIR that hasn’t been seen on a regular basis in over 3 decades.

Congrats to him and best of luck moving forward!
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 11:05:19 PM »
Happy Anniversary George! Hard to believe it's been 10 years already. He was the best choice out of everyone they brought in to announce in season 39 and in a few different ways he feels like a throwback to Rod Roddy with his suits, the calldown window, and appearing on stage to model while doing prize descriptions and price reveals (which of course has created a few infamous moments such as the treadmill fall).

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 11:22:16 PM »
Did Drew mean today as in April 20th, 2021 or today as in whenever the episode was originally taped?

This was actually yesterday's show, and Drew actually said he'd recently celebrated the anniversary.  So I guess the best answer I can give is "today as in the first show after the actual anniversary, which fell on a weekend."
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.