Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Easing L.A. County restrictions will likely permit an audience for Season 50(!)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Eddie:

--- Quote from: Mr. Weatherman on May 10, 2021, 02:16:29 PM ---Even if there is no change to existing guidelines (doubtful), I don't think any of us here would complain about a 50% audience cap.  That's far better than no audience at all!

--- End quote ---
Ever since I visited the show back in 2018 I've been committed to going back.  I'm happy to know the show will get it's audience back in 2021-2022.  If we assume they'll start taping next season's eps this summer then it won't be long before we see it happen.

Axl:

--- Quote from: pannoni1 on May 10, 2021, 09:13:34 PM ---Wheel and Jeopardy! are other shows where some of the changes such as the wider podiums may remain permanent, although don't expect those silly "white things" for spinners to return.

--- End quote ---

I think the space between each podium is going to be permanent on Jeopardy! Originally they used manually-placed dividers during Final Jeopardy! with the new setup, but they now have installed a motorized system to control them remotely again.

jude_este:
I think this may be related to the subject. An article published today on The Los Angeles Times website mentions that on June 15, businesses in California can open their doors without COVID-19 constraints on capacity or requirements for physical distancing and fully vaccinated people no longer needing to wear masks in most situations.

And according to Health and Human Services Secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly on guidelines for travelers, the state will also align with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for them.

CBSpromoman:

The show DESPERATELY needs a studio audience. The already over-the-top contestants look as if they're being coached to take over-the-top to whole new levels of absurdity and annoyance.

It's as if they're trying to make sure they end up on YouTube. It doesn't make for a great viewing experience for the rest of the audience.

tybuki:

--- Quote from: CBSpromoman on May 25, 2021, 08:46:56 PM ---The show DESPERATELY needs a studio audience. The already over-the-top contestants look as if they're being coached to take over-the-top to whole new levels of absurdity and annoyance.

It's as if they're trying to make sure they end up on YouTube. It doesn't make for a great viewing experience for the rest of the audience.

--- End quote ---
The biggest thing I've noticed of late (especially since the show is now in budget saving mode) is how EVERY contestant says "That's OK!" over and over again when they lose. Clearly the producers are coaching them to say that when they fail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version