Author Topic: Adult Contestants Legends of The Hidden Temple Revival on The CW  (Read 7815 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: Adult Contestants Legends of The Hidden Temple Revival on The CW
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2021, 04:23:22 PM »
In theory, Legends of the Hidden Temple is just a themed-Fun House/College Mad House. So they can continue to build toward the concept a bit more with adult contestants.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2021, 06:49:32 PM »
And if Kirk Fogg is just tired of being the host of one show for the rest of his career?

Have we ever considered that? He may not want to be typecasted any further.

Considering what the homepage of his official website looks like...

...I doubt that's the reason.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2021, 01:48:49 PM »
while Kirk ended up being passed for the host/guide spot, https://www.instagram.com/p/CRjn3OynB-d/ i have a feeling they at least got Dee to reprise his role as Olmec

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2021, 02:38:43 PM »
update to my last post, with a tweet from the new host  that confirms my previous statement (as to Dee)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2021, 03:17:55 PM »
So Dee is definitely back as Olmec, that's great news. Now to see what exactly Kirk's role is, if he indeed has one as he indicated to TMZ in May.

Offline tpirguyMN

• In the Audience
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2021, 09:08:13 PM »
Since the new season of Legends premiered tonight, I feel this topic is worthy of a bump.

What did those of you who watched the episode tonight think??  It was great hearing Dee's voice as Olmec again!  Brought back many, many memories of my childhood! 

I need to give it some more episodes before I critique it too much, but I was pretty impressed so far.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2021, 09:30:25 PM »
Meh. I felt like I was watching one of those reality-competition shows on MTV. Nice to hear Dee as Olmec, though. Overall, not very impressed.

At least someone was able to quickly put together that Silver Monkey.
1,697 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline AussieEvil

• Not Hurt By Pain™
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2021, 04:54:35 AM »
Uuuugh. We don't need the confession booth padding. Also where was the classic temple run music? The current one is... rather forgettable.
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2021, 09:43:42 PM »
It was great hearing Dee as Olmec again, and I like that they kept things pretty similar to the original. The new host didn't do much for me though, and the moat challenge and temple games felt too long while they sped through the steps of knowledge. The set pieces in general just looked pretty cheap too, and didn't really need the reality show "confession booth" bits. Wish they did something better for the tiebreaker also (I know it was the same way on the original), and that they found some way to have Kirk Fogg involved on camera.

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2021, 08:03:56 AM »
With a full hour to work with, there's no reason to reduce the number of Temple Games from three to two, and it really showed with an episode from the past week with over five minutes remaining on the clock. It also means that there are no longer any cases with 1 1/2 Pendants of Life for the Temple Run, since it was very cool wondering if the second player would be able to find that extra half and thus be immune to that third Temple Guard. As much as I like cash, I would have changed the prize structure to a little cash for getting into the Temple, a trip for grabbing the Legend in time, and a new CUV/SUV/car for taking it out of the temple in time (of course winning all prizes in the process as before). Also to fill time, have four teams instead of three advance to the Steps of Knowledge like on the original and perhaps add another step or two. The bottom line is that each Temple Game shouldn't take longer than the Temple Run, and a little extra time for contestant interviews before them could also be supported.

At least in addition to TSOFSM, the Pit of Despair and The Dark Forest returned (but of course, a Temple Guard could still be a spirit of a tree!) Great to see Kirk coming back for a special appearance though!
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline tpirguyMN

• In the Audience
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2021, 10:59:24 PM »
Looking forward to seeing Kirk back at on the show.  And I was wondering (and hoping) they would bring back contestants from the past.  Will they have classic clips??

Watching last week's episode was just like old times.  The contestant couldn't put the dang monkey together!   :lol: