Author Topic: Season Finale taped. (SPOILER)  (Read 8545 times)

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Season Finale taped. (SPOILER)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 12:44:34 AM »
I haven't gone through the whole thread on Facebook, but is there any way you can describe the spoiler without actually spoiling anything?  I guess my question is - what exactly is being spoiled?
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 08:57:05 AM »
The link itself is just a picture posted to Facebook by Rachel, showing her, Drew, George, and James in a selfie-type pose.

The closest thing I can see to a spoiler is that you can see a few contestants and possibly some staff members in the background.  The picture looks like it was taken during a stopdown in taping, so I guess the contestants are the spoilers?

I can see no games or outcomes in the photo, and Rachel's comment on the photo was, "Season 49 has come to an end! My 18th season". 

I didn't see any spoilers in the comments, either.  I guess better safe than sorry??
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 02:45:42 PM »
So if this wraps up Rachel's 18th season, could Rachel possibly be the second longest-running model in the CBS version?  Could she have outlasted Dian Parkinson's tenure by the time this season finale airs?  I believe she's definitely outlasted Holly Hallstrom.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 04:50:56 PM »
No spoilers for me either.  At least I didn't feel like any outcomes were disclosed (inadvertently).

So if this wraps up Rachel's 18th season, could Rachel possibly be the second longest-running model in the CBS version?  Could she have outlasted Dian Parkinson's tenure by the time this season finale airs?  I believe she's definitely outlasted Holly Hallstrom.

If she isn't, she's very close.  For what it's worth, Rachel actually finished her 19th season.  18 full seasons but she made her first appearance toward the end of Season 31.  By the way, Holly's tenure exceeds Dian's.  If you want to factor in her very brief absence in Season 12, that is fair enough.  Nonetheless, Holly's run occurs throughout 20 different seasons while Dian's occurs over 19 different seasons.  In full, like Rachel, Dian & Holly have been apart of the show for 18 full seasons (not including Holly's brief hiatus in 1983-1984)

There was discussion on that elsewhere not too long ago (either in Discord or in a different thread, possibly both; I brought it up in at least once).  People thought that Rachel already passed Dian, but that wasn't accurate at the time.  The longer seasons are a factor, but Rachel will clearly be the 2nd longest tenured model & 3rd longest tenured "main cast member" sometime early in 2022
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 08:16:57 PM »
Related to such, I understand that the end of Season 49 also marks the end of a long-term staffer’s tenure.
John

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 08:39:01 PM »
Was that long-term staffer who just retired named Stan Blitz?  That's the only staffer that comes to my mind when I think of long-term staffers.

If memory serves correctly, Mr. Blitz may have been with the show since 1979.  If true, that means he's been with the show for 42 years.  That's an incredible run for a staffer, and I think he was destined to retire sooner or later.

Aside from Stan Blitz, Adam Sandler and Rachel Reynolds, what other staff from the Bob Barker era were still with the show during Season 49?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 08:43:56 PM by FanOfDrew87 »

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2021, 10:30:54 PM »
Stan is the only person that comes to mind.  Unless it's Gina Edwards Nyman, that long term staffer could mean someone that hasn't been on the show as long as Mr. Blitz.  Maybe there's someone I'm forgetting or am unaware about; I doubt Adam Sandler is moving on and I don't know if someone joining the show in 2008 would be considered long-term

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 04:26:45 PM »
Obviously this is all speculation on my end, what else is there to talk about at the moment?, but I wonder, if it is Stan, if he knows audiences aren't coming back next season and was hoping they would so he could do what he loves to do best one final time and decided to call it a career now. 

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 08:41:25 PM »
Why wouldn't audiences come back next season? As of right now, they are allowed to be at 50% capacity. Who knows how much better it will be by the time they start filming season 50.

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 09:04:46 PM »
Why wouldn't audiences come back next season? As of right now, they are allowed to be at 50% capacity. Who knows how much better it will be by the time they start filming season 50.

Just speculating, also Let's Make a Deal has a casting notice out for audience members so unless that's for the at home contestants you'd have to wonder if they'll do another season without audience.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2021, 12:15:19 AM »
Stan and Gina are the two current staff members with the most seniority. Adam, who joined TPIR in the 1990s, is the third most senior. After that, the next most senior staff member is Evelyn, who joined in 2012.

Staff members (the folks who work in the office to put the show together) are differentiated from talent (host, announcer, and models) and crew members (who generally only report to the studio on the days the show is taping). It would not surprise me to learn that there are crew members who have been there since before 2012. As used in this analysis, seniority is based on continuous service.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2021, 07:09:57 PM »
Another possibility: could it be possible that longtime model Rachel Reynolds may have decided to resign after 18 full seasons?  If you've noticed over the last few years, her appearances may have been slowly dwindling, and this season she wasn't on the show as much as the other four active models were.  I am thinking that, if she decided to leave the show after such a long tenure, she may have realized her modelling career may have been winding down by this point, and as a result, may have prompted her decision to end her run while there's a chance.

Rachel will be 39 in November.  But of course, there have been models aged 40+ who were on the show.  Amber Lancaster is one of them, and she is still actively on the show.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 07:13:56 PM by FanOfDrew87 »

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2021, 07:26:27 PM »
I guess it's possible.  Not probable, but possible.  An exit from Rachel doesn't change the fact that a staffer is still on the way out.  So, say it's Stan that's calling it quits.  That would mean both Rachel and Stan would exit to conclude a successful run on one of, if not the best gameshows of all time.

I'd actually be shocked if Rachel decided to leave.  Your reasons are valid.  I think she would want to spend time with her family which is more important and a bigger deal than anything on the show.  IMO, I don't think she'd want to leave after this season given everything that's happened and the (positive looking) aftermath.  Maybe next year or the year after to get her to 20 years

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2021, 05:33:54 PM »
I can't see it being Rachel, why leave? She works what, 2-3 days a week twice a month and 3 months off during the summer? I am sure she gets plenty of family time, modeling at the price is right is a very good gig I can't see her leaving especially since she is model #1 and making good money as well I'm sure