Author Topic: Celebrity Wheel of Fortune and Super Market Sweep renewed for Season 2  (Read 12277 times)

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Celebrity Wheel of Fortune getting renewed was pretty much a given. You have a household name that people get to watch in prime time, and it proved to be a big draw. Everyone who played wanted to make a difference and they had a lot of fun on the show. Can't wait to see who'll get the nod this summer.

Supermarket Sweep getting a second season surprised me. I wasn't sure ABC would give it another chance after they essentially burned off the first season. I'll still take David over Leslie.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
They ran Sweep in season on Sundays at 8 and that’s burning it off?

Offline kishy214

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Allen's Rock Band Videos on Youtube
They ran Sweep in season on Sundays at 8 and that’s burning it off?

Yeah, not sure what Patrick was saying here. It did well in the numbers and generated buzz online too -- no truly viral moments, but I think most of the internet seemed pretty excited about it coming back, and the core gameplay was pretty much pulled straight from the Lifetime/PAX version we remember. Big money bonus round was an upgrade too.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
ABC didn't seem to speak much of it after the season ended. That's where I got impression. Even with that, I wasn't impressed.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
What do they say about most shows after a season ends? Until its renewal or cancel time, they move on for the most part. It's the exception that anything other than generally meaningless platitudes are offered if a question is asked. That's pretty much par for the course.

Offline EaglesWings4500

• In the Audience
I like SS but I wish they bring David back to either host it or do the play by play like Johnny did on the Life Time version

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
David Ruprecht is 72 years old now and the show clearly has a much different direction than his version did, there's no way he would host the show again. IMO I enjoyed Leslie's play-by-play during the big sweep in season 1. I think the best we'd get is a guest appearance from David on an episode, maybe hosting one segment for old time's sake.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
The show did fine in new hands. You can’t always look back.

Offline supersaver87

I think the best we'd get is a guest appearance from David on an episode, maybe hosting one segment for old time's sake.

They don't seem to want him there at all, unfortunately.

Not sure what David thinks of the new version, although he did mention he tried out to be the announcer and was disappointed he wasn't selected.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
The show is for a new audience.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
And that new audience can have it. I'll stick with the more competently-produced version, thanks.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
They should just call the revival The Leslie Jones Screams For An Hour show.

:shoottv: :shoottv:
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline jude_este

• Camp Old School Sci-Fi
Passing along some scheduling information as ABC has released their fall schedule with Celebrity Wheel of Fortune leading into Supermarket Sweep on Sundays.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
They should just call the revival The Leslie Jones Screams For An Hour show.

:shoottv: :shoottv:

The thing is a lot of people wouldn't be able to hear her at that new timeslot no matter how loud she can get.

I probably will have to DVR Celebrity WOF to watch mid week (Tuesday or Wednesday).  That is a rather tough spot to put the show in; you have major competition from the other three networks.  Obviously they had to put in something to compete with Fox, NBC, and CBS but I hope this star format can survive with the understanding that people might not pay attention to it at that time.
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck