Author Topic: 2021 NHL Playoffs  (Read 3774 times)

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
Re: 2021 NHL Playoffs
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2021, 07:43:00 AM »
Marc-Andre Fleury strengthens his case for the Conn Smythe, and obviously put Vegas one step closer to the Finals and possibly the Cup with a 4-1 victory over the Canadians.  It's the 90th postseason victory for the 3 time Stanley Cup Champion.  1-0 lead for the Golden Knights over Montreal
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2021, 05:56:23 AM »
Montreal has tied it up with a crucial 3-2 win, stopping the Golden Knights rally late in the game where Carey Price made 29 stops. Series is now even at 1-1 with the series shifting back to Montreal.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2021, 10:06:29 PM »
Not counting tonight, of course, both series have been pretty much competitive.  If I was betting, I probably would've had Tampa and Vegas closing things out in 4 or 5.  I often "predict" those things upon the moment when a certain point within the postseason is set.  Montreal is actually doing real well against Vegas, while New York might have had a better chance at redemption against Tampa.

I doubt the NHL will be thrilled with Islanders/Canadians, but I don't think it would totally suck for a Cup final either if it ever came to that

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2021, 10:46:42 PM »
One thing for sure is that if it wasn't for Marc Andre Fleury's gaffe in Game 3, Vegas would have been up 3-1 in the series. I think the other big issue is how horrible in some cases the refs have been officiating in the postseason, and it seems like every year it still continues to be that way.

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2021, 12:19:31 AM »
Montreal is now just one win away from advancing to the Stanley Cup Finals as they won over Vegas 4-1, and take a 3-2 series lead. They have a chance to finish this series at home on Thursday night in Montreal (which also happens to be Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day, a holiday in Quebec).

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2021, 10:51:06 PM »
It's really looking like Tampa's cup to lose (and really, they haven't lost it yet)

Offline jmorgan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2021, 11:16:50 PM »
For the first time since 2011, a Canadian team makes it to the Stanley Cup Finals, as Montreal defeats Vegas in OT. This is the first appearance for the Canadiens since they won it all in 1993.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2021, 11:18:17 PM »
I think the Canadians drought will end after 28 years, but only if the Islanders persevere and avenge their defeat a season ago

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2021, 11:28:55 PM »
And to do it on Saint-Jean-Baptiste (Quebec's holiday) at the Bell Centre, couldn't have written a better script than this. I just hope the fans will be safe and celebrate but also realize there's work to do to win the big prize and not only the drive for 25, but to end Canada's Stanley Cup drought.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2021, 11:46:04 PM »
EDIT: Disregard this, totally forgot the fact Tampa Bay is still in the playoffs yet.......my bad lol.

Online bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Itís a Ceiling Fan Light
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2021, 11:52:35 PM »
The NHL's favorite team loses again.  :oldlol:
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2021, 11:08:21 PM »
And it's the Tampa Bay Lightning that goes to the Stanley Cup Finals, winning a close one, 1-0 to win it 4 games to 3 over the New York Islanders. New York did have a chance to tie it up with the extra attacker late in the third but couldn't get it past Andrei Vasilevskiy.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 11:11:54 PM by mellongraig »

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2021, 11:28:02 PM »
I have no idea what to expect from this series.  The more likely scenario of Tampa winning in 5 would be a bet I'd go to last.  Isles played them much better than last year, all the way to the end.  TBH, I could see Montreal winning the series outright.  While they may have entered the semis out of a bad division, it's still a nice achievement to get to the cup final

Offline pannoni1

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2021, 09:33:15 AM »
With the Islanders out, the New York City region is in jeopardy of reaching the decade mark without a major title if the Yankees/Mets can't pull it out this fall. A decade may not seem like a lot for a smaller market that has just one or two major sports franchises, but for a metro that includes nine total, it's the equivalent of going 30 years without a title in a three-team market like Tampa Bay.

Still, I'm pulling for the Habs to end the drought for the World Next Door.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2021, 12:53:27 PM »
With the Islanders out, the New York City region is in jeopardy of reaching the decade mark without a major title if the Yankees/Mets can't pull it out this fall. A decade may not seem like a lot for a smaller market that has just one or two major sports franchises, but for a metro that includes nine total, it's the equivalent of going 30 years without a title in a three-team market like Tampa Bay.

Still, I'm pulling for the Habs to end the drought for the World Next Door.

I was thinking about the Jets and the Giants, but several things factor into why they're probably getting to the century mark without a title.  The Super Bowl is a week later this time; it still could've and should've been on February 6th.  It doesn't matter since the GMEN won on 02/05/2012.  Plus, both football teams technically participate in New Jersey.

It's not a big deal since neither team likely will compete for another title.  I think there is optimism that both the Mets and the Yankees can get it done however before 2022 gets here