Author Topic: Question regarding two things in Studio 41  (Read 4800 times)

Offline Nate Powalie

• In Contestant's Row
  • Sporcle Live Trivia Host/Freelance Sports Writer
Question regarding two things in Studio 41
« on: May 19, 2021, 10:32:10 AM »
Okay, so I have a question regarding both the Host Your Own and Chatroom Showcase Showoff sections in Studio 41. In the Host Your Own rules for people who want to host, it says that at least 20% of your posts must be outside the CSS and the Friday Prediction Game sections. Which leads me to ask this question... do bids sent to Wayoshi for CSS count as posts in that section or not?
"Can't we all just learn to get along already?" - Nate Powalie

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Question regarding two things in Studio 41
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 10:54:55 AM »
I can give you my insight as a former HYO moderator. I never actually counted to check that a host met the requirements of the rule, but the spirit of the rule should be considered - we have always wanted hosts who had a history of positive contribution to the site. In the past we did have "hosts" who were new to the site attempt to host, and the results of those games was quite mixed. Some hosts would abandon their game quickly. Others didn't seem to understand the flow of hosting a game on a message board.

So I would encourage you to post in many areas. In particular, participate in a number of current HYO's before offering to host. If people get to know you and sense you are have a good vibe, then they will be encouraged to join your show eventually.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Nate Powalie

• In Contestant's Row
  • Sporcle Live Trivia Host/Freelance Sports Writer
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 11:11:54 AM »
I can give you my insight as a former HYO moderator. I never actually counted to check that a host met the requirements of the rule, but the spirit of the rule should be considered - we have always wanted hosts who had a history of positive contribution to the site. In the past we did have "hosts" who were new to the site attempt to host, and the results of those games was quite mixed. Some hosts would abandon their game quickly. Others didn't seem to understand the flow of hosting a game on a message board.

So I would encourage you to post in many areas. In particular, participate in a number of current HYO's before offering to host. If people get to know you and sense you are have a good vibe, then they will be encouraged to join your show eventually.

Thanks.
"Can't we all just learn to get along already?" - Nate Powalie

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 11:43:22 AM »

This. All of it.

Also, to answer your original question: no, CSS bids do not count as "participation outside the gaming sections".

Oh, and this doesn't belong in The Talk is Right, as it has nothing to do with The Price is Right. MOVED
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.