Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Update  (Read 6580 times)

Offline Nate Powalie

• In Contestant's Row
  • Sporcle Live Trivia Host/Freelance Sports Writer
Re: NBA Playoffs Update
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2021, 11:37:46 PM »
This game was a fun one to watch. Momentum was constantly trading hands with baskets going back and forth, and in the end, Game 4 will belong to the Milwaukee Bucks by a final count of 109 to 103, thanks largely in part to Khris Middleton having an electric 40-point performance. Game 5 will be Saturday night in Phoenix at Suns Arena, with tip-off set for 9 EDT. Once again, with the home team taking each of the first 4 games, it will be a best-of-3 to determine who takes this year's crown.
(note: Booker should've fouled out with about 3:30 in Q4, as from the replay, he clearly grabbed Holiday. I digress.)
"Can't we all just learn to get along already?" - Nate Powalie

Offline Nate Powalie

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2021, 12:11:17 AM »
And Milwaukee takes Game 5 123 to 119. Game 6 is Tuesday at Fiserv Forum with a 9PM EDT Tip-off. If the Bucks are able to defend home court, then they will acquire their first championship since 1971.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2021, 11:10:16 AM »
What a game last night, and what a job by the Bucks to come back to life as they have after not doing much in the first two games.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2021, 03:50:30 PM »
I think it's less to do with the Bucks coming back to life and more the Suns dying after Game 2.  To be fair, Phoenix had it in Game 4 on the road except not, and then following a double-digit lead turned double-digit deficit, they nearly turned the tables in Game 5.

It'll be tough for the Suns to beat Milwaukee.  I think they could with desperation on their minds; the problem is the Bucks are all but impossible to conquer with a lead, especially at home, coupled with a series lead
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2021, 09:02:19 PM »
Final line before the tip features Milwaukee -4.5.  O/U is 221.  I haven't bothered to check the odds for the Finals MVP.  Middleton & Holiday can have the game of their lives, but if the series ends tonight, Giannis will be the Finals MVP.  He would be the third person to win that, league MVP and DPOY.

Despite my pick FTW, I'm hoping for the series to end tonight.  For one, I'm ready for some football.  Plus, I'd like to see it end tonight since I'll be heading out of town around the end of the week (now a couple days or so).  I'd rather not deal with travel & a winner-take-all game, especially if Phoenix loses at home again.  Especially given that the postseason felt like it's lasted forever.  OTOH, if the Suns win out, then it'll be worth it!

Offline Nate Powalie

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2021, 11:45:04 PM »
For the first time since 1971, the Milwaukee Bucks have won an NBA championship. Giannis Antetokounmpo puts up a mind-boggling performance with 50 points, 14 rebounds, and 5 blocks as the Bucks defeat the Suns by a final count of 105 to 98.

And that is a wrap on the 2021 NBA Playoffs. Congratulations to the Bucks on their first championship since 1971, and a major thank you to everyone who contributed to this post. Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a fun ride and a great NBA season. If one of the moderators would please lock this thread for me, as I don't know how to properly lock a thread.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 11:48:10 PM by Nate Powalie »

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2021, 11:48:18 PM »
I don't see a point for the mods to lock the thread. Other members might comment in it too.

Anyway what a collapse by the Suns. Chris Paul is still sadly still ringless.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline JarodJGames

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2021, 11:56:50 PM »
For the first time since 1971, the Milwaukee Bucks have won an NBA championship. Giannis Antetokounmpo puts up a mind-boggling performance with 50 points, 14 rebounds, and 5 blocks as the Bucks defeat the Suns by a final count of 105 to 98.

And that is a wrap on the 2021 NBA Playoffs. Congratulations to the Bucks on their first championship since 1971, and a major thank you to everyone who contributed to this post. Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a fun ride and a great NBA season. If one of the moderators would please lock this thread for me, as I don't know how to properly lock a thread.
And that Performance by Giannis is good enough for him to get the Finals MVP award
CSS Stats:
Season 17-Only one of the Top 28 to fail to cash ONE SHOWCASE (12th Overall in Points)
Season 18-8th in Points, 39th in Cash
Season 19 Regular Season-11th in Points, 29th in Cash
Season 19 Playoffs-13th in Points, Failed to Cash
FIRST CASHED SHOWCASE EVER: 11/17/21

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2021, 12:00:59 AM »
I don't see a point for the mods to lock the thread. Other members might comment in it too.

Anyway what a collapse by the Suns. Chris Paul is still sadly still ringless.

Ditto.  For one, the finals just ended (before the post).  There are several sports fans that have an input & typically share it.  I guess maybe after it dies down, but whatever.

Man, Milwaukee did it!  It was rather inevitable after their escape against Brooklyn.  Though I wonder how the series would've played out had a healthier LA Lakers team came out of the West.  Or the Warriors teams that have dominated in the past (except for last year).

I feel bad for Chris Paul.  It is what it is that they got fortunate to make the Finals.  It might be CP3's last shot (and Phoenix).

I know that the NBA Commish announces the MVP (or makes it official), but I don't see why Malika didn't just confirm it herself.  It was super obvious.  Dan Patrick used to crown the MVP (for the Super Bowl) by saying so; the NFL didn't need Roger Goodell to make a special announcement of it