Author Topic: Stan Blits retired?  (Read 4694 times)

Offline WilkinsOlivia

• Outside in Line
Re: Stan Blitz retired?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2021, 10:23:07 AM »
I'm sorry to hear this, but still people need a rest at this age

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2021, 03:39:59 PM »
https://twitter.com/Supreme_Books/status/1410316532748472322

"Hey it's Marcellas! I'm casting the new season of THE PRICE IS RIGHT! The ICONIC show is back! If you have any questions, let me know! #nowcasting #castingcall #tpir"
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2021, 04:30:26 PM »
See, we should have faith in this guy. He said the show is "back," so clearly he wants us to believe it's 1972 again.  ;-)

Offline shell_game

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2021, 08:09:07 PM »
The important thing is that the contestants seem like real people. Not scripted, not acting. The process can change as long as the product does not. There are other shows that have a much different process, and in some cases they do a good job at casting real folks, and others seem to identify more fake/acting people. As long as they're true to the type of people they've always tried to attract, that is what matters most.

Today's aired episode was the last one taped according to Drew. And he wished a long-time cameraman a happy retirement. I thought that was nice. But not Stan Blitz? That seems odd. An awful lot of loyal friends who have attended the show over the years would remember Stan. Not so much a cameraman.

Offline EvilChameleon

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2021, 08:27:34 PM »
Today's aired episode was the last one taped according to Drew. And he wished a long-time cameraman a happy retirement. I thought that was nice. But not Stan Blitz? That seems odd. An awful lot of loyal friends who have attended the show over the years would remember Stan. Not so much a cameraman.
Either...
A.) This information is bogus and the retiree was the cameraman, and not Stan
or
B.) Stan decided to retire sometime after the last episode of the season was taped.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/19
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2021, 09:04:05 PM »
Or...
C) Stan's production duties at that moment precluded him from being on stage.
D) He didn't want to be recognized on-camera.
E) None of the above (i.e. the information is accurate but we don't know why Stan wasn't recognized on-camera.)

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2021, 09:37:50 PM »
The process can change as long as the product does not.

Products, especially entertainment products, absolutely need to evolve and change.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2021, 09:42:48 PM »
Products, especially entertainment products, absolutely need to evolve and change.
But not to such an extent that they cause audiences to tune out in droves (which most "evolution" in the game show industry seems to lead to, in my experience).

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2021, 05:36:52 AM »
For all the complaints thus far, that hasnít happened. The opposite has. The show has generally done better in the viewers that actually matter to advertisers.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2021, 11:33:09 AM »
Either...
A.) This information is bogus and the retiree was the cameraman, and not Stan
or
B.) Stan decided to retire sometime after the last episode of the season was taped.
If I had to wager anything, it's the second option. While I appreciate the hard work that everyone at TVC does, I wouldn't consider a cameraman to be a "staffer." I consider that term to refer strictly to the folks who help put the show together while the folks who help film it I'd consider the crew.

Also, I feel also this "Price is just getting with the times" sentiments are weird. Because I don't think Stan was doing a terrible job picking contestants from the crowd. Certainly not something that was bringing the show down. So, I don't think switching to casting contestants is going to make much of a difference, which to me is why it's disappointing. I don't know if it'll be a change for the worse, but I don't think it's going to be a change for the better that's going to massively improve it either.

We don't know how the show is going to process audiences once they start taping again, so perhaps if their goal is to limit certain interactions, I could understand the idea of pre-selecting contestants in an interview that you'd conduct online instead of having 20 people stand close to each other.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 11:39:45 AM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2021, 01:27:24 PM »
I'm curious what the process would be from selecting thousands upon thousands of applicants since like other casting shows, it could involve an acceptance letter/email/call where you're part of a narrow pool of contestants that has a much better shot of being picked compared to walk-in studio audience members. But part of the fun about Price is that you never truly know if you're going to get picked until George calls you down. It would demote the audience to a chance for either a peek behind the stage or a door prize. If you know anyone who was a contestant this season, perhaps some insight would help me understand this process better.

Still, the one time I met Stan in line, I felt pretty sure based on his reaction that I wasn't going to get picked since his statement just had a generic "That's cool" or thereabouts. Perhaps this could allow for the true fans to have a better shot at getting picked since there isn't really a written test and/or mock game? If anything, at least having a mock game where contestants bid on an item or play a certain pricing game could help provide the final selection. I do appreciate Mr. Blitz's contribution not just for the show, but for selecting the cues during his earlier years when Phil was choosing contestants.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2021, 07:31:52 PM »
Sometimes you guys just crack me up.

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2021, 04:19:36 PM »
Side comment: I can't believe we're three pages into a thread - and nobody has mentioned that everyone is misspelling his name.

It's Blits.

(I double checked the credits of the season finale to be sure).

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: Stan Blits retired?
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2021, 05:45:36 PM »
Side comment: I can't believe we're three pages into a thread - and nobody has mentioned that everyone is misspelling his name.

It's Blits.

(I double checked the credits of the season finale to be sure).

It was corrected at least once. Unfortunately, the title at the beginning was not. Pretty sure I've rectified that.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 06:53:42 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41 - Season 43, Season 46 - Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.

CSS Season 14 Cash: $729,601
CSS Season 15 Cash: $888,251 - All time CSS high for myself in 8 years.
CSS Season 16 Cash: $286,480

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
Re: Stan Blits retired?
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2021, 06:12:35 PM »
It was corrected at least once. Unfortunately, the title at the beginning was not. Pretty sure I've rectified that.

Oh and I fixed the spelling of his name in the subject line. Not sure who Stan Blitz is.

That you did, my bad and apologies.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 06:53:27 PM by Roadgeek Adam »