Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

CBS Affiliates That Have Dropped Price and For What?

<< < (3/5) > >>

RatRace10:
I want to say KMOV in St. Louis used to air Price on a one-weekday delay (Friday eps air the next Monday), so if that was true at the time, maybe they got the Cover Up debut as well.

Ccook:
Atlanta GA: the original Price was bumped for the first month as then-NBC affiliate WSB aired a movie starting at 9:30 and running to 11 AM (Price aired at 10:30 for that first month, moving to 11 on December 31, 1956).

Then-CBS affiliate WAGA blacked out Price in favor of Jerry Springer at the onset of the 1994 season as they were preparing to switch to Fox that December. At the eleventh hour, independent station WVEU/ch. 69 stepped in and cleared the show in pattern until a new CBS affiliate was announced (which is now WGCL/ch. 46).

wink87:

--- Quote from: FanOfDrew87 on June 28, 2021, 12:20:28 PM ---Speaking of Cover Up, I read on another thread (posted by another user a few years back) that NTV in Newfoundland, Canada, aired TPIR the evening before the day it was scheduled to air on CBS.  In fact, the show that was scheduled for Monday on CBS would air on NTV the Friday before.  It's strongly possible that residents in Newfoundland did get to see the very first playing of Cover Up on Friday, September 10.

--- End quote ---

I do remember when NTV aired the show at 6:30 p.m. just after our local news here in Newfoundland! In 1996, however,  they moved the show to 4:00 a.m., after our local newscast got expanded to 1 hour. It then left NTVs schedule altogether shortly thereafter.

WhammyPower788:
I have an audio clip of Bob on the show mentioning that Houston didn't carry Price in its first few years.

pricefan18:

--- Quote from: WhammyPower788 on July 09, 2021, 02:44:12 PM ---I have an audio clip of Bob on the show mentioning that Houston didn't carry Price in its first few years.

--- End quote ---

What year was that from?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version