Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

CBS Affiliates That Have Dropped Price and For What?

<< < (2/5) > >>

mrbrown2195:
Preemption, not a complete drop: WAFB in Baton Rouge airs Price at 11 central, and shifts Y&R to 10.

For the longest time, this caused the show to be in crappy SD until the station upgraded their equipment.

ThatDonGuy:
Back when it was a Group W/Westinghouse station, I don't think KPIX (San Francisco) aired TPIR very much before September, 1990. I do know that the show (and Gambit) premiered on KTVU (then independent, now Fox); I think KPIX aired a locally produced talk show starring Bing Crosby's wife in its time slot. The only time I am certain that KPIX aired it was during the brief period it was on in the afternoon, right before Match Game, although I think it was on for a year or two when the hour-long format started. I'm fairly positive it did not air on KPIX between 1978 and 1990 (another independent station aired it in the early 1980s for a couple of years); it aired an hour-long morning talk show in its place until it was replaced by Group W-produced national talk shows in the late 1980s.

whinbaby:
There was a time when WCIA in Champaign, IL did not air the Price is Right when CBS did.  WCIA aired Donahue at 9:00 AM, and shifted Here's Lucy reruns to 10:00 AM.  Here's the proof from 1977.  WCIA did not pick up the hour long show until 1979.

KinkyKong:

--- Quote from: mrbrown2195 on June 25, 2021, 11:56:56 PM ---Preemption, not a complete drop: WAFB in Baton Rouge airs Price at 11 central, and shifts Y&R to 10.

For the longest time, this caused the show to be in crappy SD until the station upgraded their equipment.

--- End quote ---

Wow I can't believe they still do that!  I lived in south Louisiana in the late 80s and WAFB aired Price at 11 AM Central way back then... although KLFY in Lafayette aired it at 10

FanOfDrew87:

--- Quote from: Alfonzo on June 24, 2021, 10:31:51 PM ---While we're talking preemptions, I've already mentioned several times that my local CBS affiliate, WIVB in Buffalo, aired Price at 10am during the 1993-94 season so that they could air the long forgotten Les Brown talk show at 11am. There were two ripple affects: One, it caused CHCH out of Hamilton, Ontario Canada to move their 11am airings of Price to 10am as well. Two, both stations were among the very few that caught the premiere playing of Cover Up on September 13th, 1993 due to CBS pre-empting the 22nd Season Premiere for news of the Israeli-PLO peace accord at 11am.
--- End quote ---

Speaking of Cover Up, I read on another thread (posted by another user a few years back) that NTV in Newfoundland, Canada, aired TPIR the evening before the day it was scheduled to air on CBS.  In fact, the show that was scheduled for Monday on CBS would air on NTV the Friday before.  It's strongly possible that residents in Newfoundland did get to see the very first playing of Cover Up on Friday, September 10.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version