Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Card Game

<< < (2/2)

jhc2010:
Listen carefully and you’ll notice that Drew doesn’t even mention face cards when he explains the game. Bob would always mention face cards. Drew’s explanation of Card Game is one of his worst. Some games he explains better than Bob did, but this one he could really use some help coming up with a better way to explain the game. Drew never uses the words “without going over” when explaining the Card Game.

SeaBreeze341:
I believe the last 100 decks of cards I've obtained always had jokers in them.  They were never sold / given without.  Maybe from the 100 decks the first five excluded them, but pretty much people would tear the jokers if not discard or toss them in the garbage.

Anyway, the Jack/Queen/King values being moved to $1100, $1200, and $1300, respectively isn't too bad of an idea only if the minimum range is $1,500.  I guess if Jokers were added they could make the Aces $1,400 and the jokers would be wild.  Better yet, I wish that those jokers would allow a contestant to deduct if he or she thinks he or she went over.

I don't think jokers are needed in Card Game, period.  It's not common for someone to draw an ace anyway.

You know, if they really wanted to speed the game up, they should make Jacks, Queens, and Kings worth $1,500, $2,000, and $2,500 respectively.

Drew isn't really as detail oriented as Bob (when it comes to pricing game instructions).  The descriptions is something I've come to accept from Carey.  Not a big deal; in fact it's very refreshing.  Sorta like me trying to give a speech without rehearsal.  However, if he does not mention how someone can't go over, then that's a problem.  Unless someone (else) had time to explain the rules in advance, one could argue (and win an argument) that they didn't know they couldn't go over

123123123:
Like others have said, I wouldn't want a single card to be higher than the minimum range because bad luck happens.

However, I'm surprised they didn't call the aces $100 and have 2 jokers as the wild cards when it debuted with a possible $200 range. $100 on a car price in the 80s wasn't as negligible as it is now. Plus they could have always changed to the current rules later on.

--- Quote from: SeaBreeze341 on June 30, 2021, 01:05:32 AM ---You know, if they really wanted to speed the game up, they should make Jacks, Queens, and Kings worth $1,500, $2,000, and $2,500 respectively.

--- End quote ---

This could work if you upped the minimum range to $2,500, but the show would never want to implement something like it. Unlike most other car games, Card Game losses come from players stopping early and underpricing cars routinely. This plan would get players higher guesses in fewer picks.

Obviously, no one wants people to lose, but I doubt anyone in charge wants to make the game easier for the sake of saving minimum time.

WilkinsOlivia:
I love this game fing in :heels:

dmullavey:
Card Game really should be retired. It’s just not fun anymore with the huge ranges due to inflation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version