Author Topic: Obsessive amount of 500 Internal Server Errors?  (Read 6655 times)

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Obsessive amount of 500 Internal Server Errors?
« on: July 03, 2021, 06:14:09 PM »
Just navigating to this page, it took me a total of 12 error pages to pull up this "start new topic" page, and this is my third attempt at sending this message. I know that there have been periodic errors for quite a while now, but I don't recall it ever getting this bad. I have no clue if that's fixable or not.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
Re: Obsessive amount of 500 Internal Server Errors?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 06:27:46 PM »
I've been getting intermittent 500 Internal Server errors since the last time these errors were noted. However, there seems to be more of them as of recent.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 06:53:32 PM »
I don't seem to get such problem. I may have gotten it once, but that's about it.

Offline pricefan1991

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 09:21:06 AM »
To keep these all in one spot, the errors seem to have started popping up for me again in the last hour or two; for instance, it took me 7 attempts to get the reply page to load

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 01:01:55 PM »
I have also had the 500 Internal Server Errors start happening with more frequency starting late last night/early this morning.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2022, 02:50:34 AM »
And a bump just to note that this issue has started up again, leading to the site going down for days at a time. Just the board part of the site, the timeline and Golden Gallery seemed to have been just fine. The site originally went down on Friday and was up early Saturday morning (1:30am eastern) and went down again about 24 hours ago before returning about 10 minutes ago. Hopefully this doesn’t become a recurring pattern…

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2022, 04:06:49 PM »
And a bump just to note that this issue has started up again, leading to the site going down for days at a time. Just the board part of the site, the timeline and Golden Gallery seemed to have been just fine. The site originally went down on Friday and was up early Saturday morning (1:30am eastern) and went down again about 24 hours ago before returning about 10 minutes ago. Hopefully this doesn’t become a recurring pattern…

When it wasn't working yesterday, I just figured this was the time of year that something is supposed to be renewed and usually gets forgotten, leading to it disappearing for a few days.
Apparently not this time (but a reminder if someone does need to do something before that occurs ;) ).

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2022, 04:51:47 PM »
My interpretation of the 500 errors is they are not related to billing. Usually when the site would go down for billing, we'd get available messages and stuff.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Joker's Wild ...and deadly.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2022, 10:32:20 PM »
Yeah, "site suspensions" and domains for sale. This isn't that. This looks like "real" technical difficulties.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2023, 10:05:27 PM »
Currently playing whack-a-mole with site problems where I seem to be stuck between a choice of "500 Error", "Breaks the FAQ", or "Breaks Recaps".