Author Topic: Audience  (Read 4381 times)

Offline dmullavey

• Outside in Line
Re: Audience
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2021, 08:50:28 PM »
Variants (current and future if people remain foolishly unvaccinated when they are able to be) hold the potential to be a serious issue. So, too, will be what happens when boosters are eventually needed. If we assume, probably rightly, that fewer people will get the booster, and will delay getting it if they do, we could be in a serious predicament. Add in the endemic selfishness of anti-maskers and anti-distancers, and we could be in worse shape than many imagine right now.

While not on the level of the way a second wave did so much harm in the Spanish Flu outbreak, the “we’re never going back” mentality could be devastating nonetheless.

Every willing host gives the virus an opportunity to mutate further. And sooner or later, when you play with fire, you may get burned.

You sound like one of those big government alarmists who want to scare people. The CDC has been corrupt for decades, and Fauci has been caught lying and sensationalizing this. You also apparently love to take freedom away from people. If you want to hide in your basement, go ahead. Let the rest of us live our lives.

Calling someone an anti-masker or anti-vaxxer just because they choose not to for whatever reason is offensive. Funny you forget to mention how the less strict states had fewer cases per capita, and the high survival rate, and the fact people are still getting COVID and even dying from this experimental vaccine. Yes, it’s still classified as experimental.

Yes, it’s real, but locking people in their homes does not solve anything, as it has been proven time and time again. People need to build immunity. You can still die from the flu and the common cold, and last time I checked those still exist.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2021, 09:08:59 PM »
Just stop...

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2021, 09:29:59 PM »
Just stop...

Yeah, that's kinda why I stopped short of saying much more than I did earlier....I could have (and have in other places/to different people privately), but figured it'd not really be that worth it in this setting. Just would open a can of worms I didn't really want to.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2021, 09:30:50 PM »
Alright. That's the end of the line.

Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2021, 11:42:54 PM »
You sound like one of those big government alarmists who want to scare people. The CDC has been corrupt for decades, and Fauci has been caught lying and sensationalizing this. You also apparently love to take freedom away from people. If you want to hide in your basement, go ahead. Let the rest of us live our lives.

Calling someone an anti-masker or anti-vaxxer just because they choose not to for whatever reason is offensive. Funny you forget to mention how the less strict states had fewer cases per capita, and the high survival rate, and the fact people are still getting COVID and even dying from this experimental vaccine. Yes, it’s still classified as experimental.

Yes, it’s real, but locking people in their homes does not solve anything, as it has been proven time and time again. People need to build immunity. You can still die from the flu and the common cold, and last time I checked those still exist.

Nope, you don't get to do this here.  You wanna spread conspiracy theories about the biggest public health disaster in a century?  Go do it somewhere else.

Goodbye, and good riddance.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.