Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Flippity Fleischman showcases - are these still available to watch on Youtube?

(1/2) > >>

PriceFan87:
Hey all, I was researching some of the old showcase sketches that Johnny and the models used to do back in the mid-70s to 80s and I came across one that intrigued me as a fan of pop music from that era. It involved Johnny O. acting as a radio DJ named Flippity Fleischman and he would direct one of the models (his assistant) to play a certain song that corresponded with one of the prizes. I'm guessing these were short lived due to copyright laws that got stricter over time. Thinking about it harder I vaguely remember seeing this back about 10 years ago. Do we know if these are still available to watch on Youtube? Thanks.

pricefan1991:
The bits that I remember:

* It was posted by AdamNedeff, whose account was later terminated for some reason
* It was from the era of the show that didn't have any commercial between the showcases and the results
* No clue what episode it was from or who won, as the clip didn't include either piece

GuyWithFace:
From what I can recall, in the instance uploaded by AdamNedeff...
* Holly was the assistant
* The premise was that of a call-in radio show -- if you were on the line when a product was mentioned in a song, you won that product
* One prize was a Kodak camera (I do not recall the associated song)
* The final song was "Beep Beep", which led into a Cadillac

pricefan18:

--- Quote from: GuyWithFace on July 12, 2021, 07:43:32 AM ---From what I can recall, in the instance uploaded by AdamNedeff...
* Holly was the assistant
* The premise was that of a call-in radio show -- if you were on the line when a product was mentioned in a song, you won that product
* One prize was a Kodak camera (I do not recall the associated song)
* The final song was "Beep Beep", which led into a Cadillac

--- End quote ---

That had to be right around the time of WKRP in Cincinnati if I had to guess.....it'd fit the theme of it. When did they put commercial breaks back in before Showcase results? WKRP hit the air in fall of 78....I feel it couldn't have been any later than 79 they changed it, if not sooner, so whether it'd tie in with it or not would be kinda dependent on that.

EDIT: I see it was brought back at end of November of 78 per the FAQ, so I was about right on the timing. That gives like 2 months or so they coulda used it and it'd still fit this. Maybe it wasn't tied to it, though if Holly was there...it'd have been at least 77 so....could well have been.

pricefan1991:
I know there were two trips in the middle; the second one was the Bee-Gees "Nights on Broadway" for a trip to NYC. I think the first one was somewhere in Florida, but I can't recall the song used at all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version