Studio 46 - Non-TPiR Discussion > Out In Left Field

Pricing Game Idea: Perfect Ten

(1/1)

Vgmastr:
In Perfect Ten the contestant is given six grocery items and must arrange them into three groups so that each group is worth $10 or more.  Groups could consist of any number of products, as a product worth over $10 would be correct by itself.  After the contestant groups the products, the total price of each group is revealed.  If any are under $10, the contestant is given a second chance to rearrange them.  It's a bit similar to Time is Money, but unlike Time is Money there could be multiple correct answers and it's a bit of a puzzle.

crinos43:
Interesting game idea, though I have a question.

If the contestant is wrong, would there just be a buzzer sound, or would there be some kind of display showing the totals of the items as they were?

Torgo:
Not bad, but I think this could have more longevity if the price changed from $10.00 to a different amount each time, Grand Game target-style.

TPIRfan#9821:
^Those were my thoughts exactly. This is actually a really solid game with grouping grocery products. You're right that it reminds me of the original Time is Money a bit, but instead of each product going into a bin, the contestant creates the bins.

If you change the target range, I'd just suggest something more along the lines of "Rule of Three" or "Triple Trouble".

Vgmastr:

--- Quote from: crinos43 on July 30, 2021, 01:33:46 AM ---Interesting game idea, though I have a question.

If the contestant is wrong, would there just be a buzzer sound, or would there be some kind of display showing the totals of the items as they were?

--- End quote ---

I was envisioning a display on each group showing the total price of the group.  For example, the contestant places the items and the displays show one group at $12, one group at $10.50 and the third group at $8.50.  Now the contestant will know they need to move an item from the $12 group to the $8.50 group, but which one?  If the item is over $2 then they'll need to swap with an item from the $8.50 group to try and balance them out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version