Author Topic: Pricing Game Idea: Perfect Ten  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Vgmastr

• In Contestant's Row
Pricing Game Idea: Perfect Ten
« on: July 27, 2021, 07:16:19 PM »
In Perfect Ten the contestant is given six grocery items and must arrange them into three groups so that each group is worth $10 or more.  Groups could consist of any number of products, as a product worth over $10 would be correct by itself.  After the contestant groups the products, the total price of each group is revealed.  If any are under $10, the contestant is given a second chance to rearrange them.  It's a bit similar to Time is Money, but unlike Time is Money there could be multiple correct answers and it's a bit of a puzzle.

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Pricing Game Idea: Perfect Ten
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 01:33:46 AM »
Interesting game idea, though I have a question.

If the contestant is wrong, would there just be a buzzer sound, or would there be some kind of display showing the totals of the items as they were?
I support The Price is Right.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 08:43:16 AM »
Not bad, but I think this could have more longevity if the price changed from $10.00 to a different amount each time, Grand Game target-style.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 02:23:45 PM »
^Those were my thoughts exactly. This is actually a really solid game with grouping grocery products. You're right that it reminds me of the original Time is Money a bit, but instead of each product going into a bin, the contestant creates the bins.

If you change the target range, I'd just suggest something more along the lines of "Rule of Three" or "Triple Trouble".
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline Vgmastr

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 07:23:08 PM »
Interesting game idea, though I have a question.

If the contestant is wrong, would there just be a buzzer sound, or would there be some kind of display showing the totals of the items as they were?

I was envisioning a display on each group showing the total price of the group.  For example, the contestant places the items and the displays show one group at $12, one group at $10.50 and the third group at $8.50.  Now the contestant will know they need to move an item from the $12 group to the $8.50 group, but which one?  If the item is over $2 then they'll need to swap with an item from the $8.50 group to try and balance them out.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 07:25:40 PM by Vgmastr »