Author Topic: 2021 College Football  (Read 13038 times)

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
Re: 2021 College Football
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2021, 04:15:47 PM »
Oklahoma just pulled out the biggest comeback in Red River Shootout history overcoming a 21 point deficit at the end of the 1st quarter to win 55-48 on Kennedy Brooks game winning 33 yard touchdown run with 2 seconds left. The 103 total  points are also a Red River Shootout record. FWIW, I  have the Red River Shootout ranked as the 3rd best rivalry in college football behind only Ohio State-Michigan and the Iron Bowl.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2021, 04:51:23 PM »
Arkansas-Ole Miss was another barnburner that went to the wire with the Running Rebels prevailing, 52-51. What a Saturday.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2021, 07:14:50 PM »
What a Saturday indeed.  Meanwhile, Penn State & Iowa is living up to the hype.  Basically the opposite of what Ole Miss / Arkansas turned out to be.  Looked like Iowa was just slated to take advantage of PSU losing its QB, but despite a 1st and Goal to go, PSU had the Hawkeyes going backwards in a major way
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline JarodJGames

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2021, 11:57:23 PM »
UPSET OF THE MILLENNIUM: #1 Alabama just lost to an unranked Texas A&M via a Texas A&M game-winning Field Goal. Expect Alabama to no longer hold that #1 Rank for some time.
CSS Stats:
Season 17-Only one of the Top 28 to fail to cash ONE SHOWCASE (12th Overall in Points)
Season 18-8th in Points, 39th in Cash
Season 19 Regular Season-11th in Points, 29th in Cash
Season 19 Playoffs-13th in Points, Failed to Cash
FIRST CASHED SHOWCASE EVER: 11/17/21

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2021, 12:09:35 AM »
UPSET OF THE MILLENNIUM: #1 Alabama just lost to an unranked Texas A&M via a Texas A&M game-winning Field Goal. Expect Alabama to no longer hold that #1 Rank for some time.

Upset of the Millennium?! It's College Football, Jarod.  If Alabama wins out, it'll just be another game, period.  No different than what happened in 2015 vs Ole Miss, 2017 vs Auburn.  It's one game.

Patriots losing to the Giants, Serena losing Vinci, Michigan losing to App State > Bama losing to A&M.  It's not even close.  And what I've mentioned pales in comparison to Virginia losing to UMBC.  That? Is the biggest upset since 2000.

Nevertheless, it's a big win for Jimbo Fisher.  First time any former assistant has defeated Nick Saban.  Still an amazing streak that's no more (24-0).  If and when TAMU falls on their sword, it'll be for nothing.  They dropped each of their past two games while looking ahead to this matchup (or not).  They still have to run the table and hope the Tide drops another SEC game.  Basically, the same spot Ole Miss was in 2014 & 2015.

Finally, the Number one ranking will finally go to Georgia.  We'll see if it'll be a jinx real soon, but no one's come close to knocking them off.  Unless Alabama gets their chance, the team to crush the Bulldogs, IMO, will come from the Big Ten

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2021, 02:51:06 AM »
Georgia faces unbeaten #16 Kentucky this upcoming Saturday. This could be a trap game for Georgia so they'd better pay attention to game tape
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2021, 02:17:57 PM »
It's official.  1447261645655379968[/tweet]]For the first time in nearly four decades: Georgia is in the top spot.  Everyone agrees that it's the correct spot.  A unanimous decision.  They're followed by Iowa, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, and Alabama.  While the former owner of the top spot lost at the buzzer to an unranked team, the reigning champions likely still control its own destiny.  BTW, the team that gave them their first loss since 2019 did so in the only week they were unranked.  IIRC, Texas A&M was actually 26th.

I'd agree that Kentucky looks like the team that could knock off Georgia if it was on the road.  The thing is that Georgia is giving me that 2013 Florida State & 2019 LSU vibe.  It's not giving me a 2001 Miami vibe or a 1976 Pittsburgh vibe (or anything the 1980s Hurricanes or Sooners or even 1990s Nebraska did).  The Bulldogs are not even coming close to losing.  They're allowing an average of 7 points (really less) per game.  If there was anything suspect, I'd be concerned against the Wildcats.  That, and an injury that would make the difference.

Texas A&M is not 2013 FSU, but I guess Jimbo winning (on his birthday no less) completes the part of the 2013 that Auburn robbed me from eight years ago.  To be fair, the Tigers were 13 seconds from winning the game

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2021, 03:56:47 PM »
Wow, pretty shocking it's been this long since Georgia was last ranked #1. I'm also a little surprised they didn't keep Alabama in the top 4 despite the loss, Iowa jumping to #2 is pretty surprising also. Nice to see Cincinnati get respect and move all the way to #3 as well.

As mentioned, tough game for Georgia next week and they still have to play Florida on the road. Also, the Big 10 is looking great so far with five teams in the top 10 and 3 of them undefeated.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2021, 03:59:27 PM »
The line on Kentucky-Georgia is 23-1/2. That's pretty tasty candy. The Wildcats doubled up on LSU yesterday, and they're not playing like slouches. Georgia wins but Kentucky covers. (Take my predictions with all the salt you can get hold of.)😜
--Michel de Montaigne

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2021, 01:46:19 PM »
It looks like the final line is going to be Georgia -21.5 with an O/U of 44.5.

I was thinking Kentucky ATS as well, but I think I’m going to settle with Bulldogs.  It’s a last-minute change.  Not an easy decision either since the new pressure coupled with the fact that it’s Georgia would lead me toward the Wildcats.

Thinking it’ll be a 34-10 final score which could produce a bad beat.

Could be a nice parlay for all of that and a Dodgers win (which is my pick for the NL winner), but I’ll pass on that today

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2021, 03:27:22 PM »
No. 17 Arkansas falls to unranked Auburn while no. 12 Oklahoma State comes from behind to beat no. 25 Texas.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2021, 01:54:52 AM »
Georgia remain undefeated, and no. 2 Iowa is stunned by Purdue. Just another crazy Saturday in the NCAA
--Michel de Montaigne

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2021, 11:28:35 PM »
Georgia remain undefeated, and no. 2 Iowa is stunned by Purdue. Just another crazy Saturday in the NCAA

Nah.  Iowa losing is just another Saturday in the world of College Football.  There was even an Iowa fan elsewhere that made mention to the fact that they don't feel like the No 2 team and that it'll be short lived at best.  She was right.  It's traditional for the Hawkeyes to blow it.  Especially with Purdue.

I guess you can call it Karma.  Unlike Texas A&M, it came across as a team who would think won the National Championship.  The funny thing is, the fans stormed the field as a Top 5 team, so I guess they weren't that elite.

Alabama won as well, so all is right.  They probably have to beat Auburn as they and A&M both won.  Of course, A&M still has Ole Miss to deal with later.  Plus, Auburn and A&M still have a game which helps the Tide

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2021, 12:20:08 AM »
At this point, Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, and Oklahoma probably control their own destiny. If Alabama wins out and beats an unbeaten Georgia team in the SEC Championship Game, both Alabama and Georgia will both make it as 1 loss teams. If Michigan and Oklahoma win the big 10 and big 12 respectively as undefeated teams, they'll make it. Could be chaos if things don't play out like that.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Online SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2021, 12:40:20 AM »
At this point, Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, and Oklahoma probably control their own destiny. If Alabama wins out and beats an unbeaten Georgia team in the SEC Championship Game, both Alabama and Georgia will both make it as 1 loss teams. If Michigan and Oklahoma win the big 10 and big 12 respectively as undefeated teams, they'll make it. Could be chaos if things don't play out like that.

While not chaos, the committee will have "fun" with their decision regarding Georgia if what you said happens and if Wake Forest wins out.  I can't see the last unbeaten ACC team winning out at all, but if they do (along with Michigan & Oklahoma), that'll be a tough call in deciding what to do with Georgia if their first loss is to a one-loss Alabama team.  Fortunately for Cincinnati (or not), I also don't see Michigan winning out.  Penn State will be tough, and so will MSU.  I'll believe in them being Ohio State after I see it