Author Topic: 2021 NFL Season  (Read 32986 times)

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
Re: 2021 NFL Season
« Reply #135 on: January 02, 2022, 07:37:07 PM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!! My Cardinals are 11-5 after snapping the Cowboys 4 game winning streak surviving a Cowboys 4th 1/4 rally for a 25-22 victory as Kyler Murray threw for 263 yards and 2 touchdowns. And how about that catch by Johnathan Ward on that fake punt eh?! :) It feels great to get a big road win like this! GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2022, 10:24:51 PM »
What would their current tiebreaker with the Rams for the division title look like?  And would San Francisco have any chance of passing them for the 5th seed at the moment?  Either way, it now looks increasingly likely, unless Minnesota can make up the large deficit they're currently facing as I'm typing this, that Philadelphia will get the last NFC wild card slot (close call for Jalen Hurts after that game avoiding the collapsing stands, but fortunately he was unharmed), which leads to an interesting conundrum of how much they should play the starters against Dallas in the finale knowing there's a chance they could have a rematch with them in the wild card round. 

The AFC's #1 seed now looks like the Titans' to lose, although never count Kansas City out.  Patriots could still make noise after their extremely emphatic (if predicable under the circumstances) win today, as too could the Colts.  In short, it's going to be wide open this postseason, so stay tuned. 

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2022, 10:49:49 PM »
As far as the NFC West division, it  goes to the Rams if they beat the 49ers. If the 49ers beat the Rams, the Cardinals can win the NFC West with a win over the Seahawks. The Rams and Cardinals split the head to head but the Cardinals have a better division record. If the Rams beat the 49ers, they are guaranteed a better record than the Cardinals. If the Cardinals win and the Rams lose, they have the same record but the Cardinals would finish with the better in division record. If the 49ers beat the Rams and the Cardinals lose, they'd have the same record but the Cardinals have a better division record. The 49ers are actually only 1-4 in division. If I understand it correctly
, the 49ers and Eagles control their own destiny for playoff berths next week and the Saints need a 49ers or Eagles loss for a chance. The Colts control their own destiny for a playoff berth and should beat the Jaguars.  And the Bengals are actually alive for a 1 seed. Though I don't see the Titans losing to the Texans twice.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #138 on: January 04, 2022, 01:49:18 PM »
Washington Football Team will unveil their new name on February 2. As per a statement from team president Jason Wright Wright on the team website, the new name is not Wolves or RedWolves.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/04/sport/washington-football-team-name-change-spt-intl/index.html

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2022, 01:17:53 PM »
As Antonio Brown Turns: Brown released a statement saying he had been playing with an ankle injury and refused a pain killer as being against NFLPA policy. That's when it hit the fan with Bruce Arians who said he was unaware Brown had an ankle injury. Oh, to be the gorilla in the room...
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2022, 01:55:37 PM »
Not really a "hold my beer" individual from New York, but likely one as it relates to crazy stories from Tampa the East Rutherford

"Spectator" Suing The NFL New York Teams (Giants & Jets) For Playing Games In New Jersey Instead Of New York
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2022, 03:10:28 PM »
Week 18 Picks: Chiefs, Cowboys, Washington, Browns, Ravens, Packers, Jaguars, Vikings, Texans, Falcons, Cardinals, Bills, Buccaneers, Dolphins, Niners, TIE

I probably could've been a little more sane and picked Los Angeles for Game 272.  If they win, the seeding remains the same.  However, if Las Vegas wins, that's a different story.  The Raiders would be in no matter what if the other 15 games play out based off of my predictions.  However, if they want to knock off the Chargers at home, that would be fair enough.  Not sure the Bolts scare Vegas enough to risk injury for better playoff positioning & allowing the Colts starring Jonathan Taylor into the postseason.  Plus, they'd go to cold Cincinnati to open their run.  Not that the alternative is any better (which would be a game at Tennessee; and the Titans might get Derrick Henry back).

If I actually go 16 for 16, the playoff field would look something like this:

AFC: Kansas City, Tennessee, Buffalo, Cincinnati, New England, Los Angeles, Los Vegas
NFC: Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco

I suppose I could wait a minute or so, but those are really my predictions on who'll represent the 14-team field in the 2021-2022 NFL Postseason.  FWIW, Detroit would backdoor back to the Top Overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2022, 04:06:34 PM »
Week 18 Picks: Chiefs, Cowboys, Washington, Browns, Ravens, Packers, Jaguars, Vikings, Texans, Falcons, Cardinals, Bills, Buccaneers, Dolphins, Niners, TIE

I probably could've been a little more sane and picked Los Angeles for Game 272.  If they win, the seeding remains the same.  However, if Las Vegas wins, that's a different story.  The Raiders would be in no matter what if the other 15 games play out based off of my predictions.  However, if they want to knock off the Chargers at home, that would be fair enough.  Not sure the Bolts scare Vegas enough to risk injury for better playoff positioning & allowing the Colts starring Jonathan Taylor into the postseason.  Plus, they'd go to cold Cincinnati to open their run.  Not that the alternative is any better (which would be a game at Tennessee; and the Titans might get Derrick Henry back).

If I actually go 16 for 16, the playoff field would look something like this:

AFC: Kansas City, Tennessee, Buffalo, Cincinnati, New England, Los Angeles, Los Vegas
NFC: Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco

I suppose I could wait a minute or so, but those are really my predictions on who'll represent the 14-team field in the 2021-2022 NFL Postseason.  FWIW, Detroit would backdoor back to the Top Overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft

You left out PHI in the NFC postseason table.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2022, 05:58:56 PM »
You left out PHI in the NFC postseason table.

Whoops!  I did for real.  My fault, not sure how I did so.  I guess my mind was still on 6 teams per conference despite the change being in its second year, coupled with the fact that I still added the Bolts.  Thanks, ooboh.

In addition to that, I forgot how to spell Las Vegas.  It's been a rather rough past couple of days (prior to late Friday morning)

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2022, 12:08:27 PM »
Vic Fangio Out As Denver Broncos Head Coach

As for Saturday's games, Tennessee will have to capture that Top seed themselves, as Kansas City beating the Broncos (for the 13th consecutive time) puts the pressure on the Titans as they face the Texans on the road.  Dallas win puts pressure on LA, Arizona, and Tampa to win to prevent the Cowboys from moving from the 4th spot to the 2nd or 3rd spot

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #145 on: January 09, 2022, 03:19:37 PM »
Jacksonville and Detroit are both winning their respective games, but for all intents and purposes, Jacksonville is on the clock for the draft. They're handing it to Indy right now, so the fans who attended in clown attire are looking a little more foolish than they are.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #146 on: January 09, 2022, 03:46:00 PM »
Well, now I am starting to look foolish (what else is new?😉) as Green Bay now leads Detroit. If it holds up, Detroit will be on the clock.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #147 on: January 09, 2022, 03:54:27 PM »
Looks like Aidan Hutchinson will "end up staying local" after all.  Unless Detroit thinks Goff ain't the guy going forward in which case maybe Kenny Pickett gets his career wrecked as a Lion

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2022, 04:08:05 PM »
Well, Detroit beats Green Bay, so I wuz right the first time. Jaguars are on the clock.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2022, 04:34:57 PM »
With the Steelers winning and the Colts losing, the scenario where the Chargers and Raiders can both get in with a tie is now in play. The plot thickens: