Author Topic: 2021 NFL Season  (Read 32987 times)

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
Re: 2021 NFL Season
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2022, 10:05:36 PM »
The overtime rules do suck. It was the Chiefs who were on the other end of it in the 2018 AFC Championship Game.  I'd rather they adopt college overtime rules or play out a full quarter.

Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes are gods. I always thought that the longest game in NFL history on Christmas Day 1971 was the greatest divisional round game ever. Now, I think the Allen-Mahomes showdown is the greatest divisional round game ever. Man, Allen and Mahomes were both so clutch when it mattered. Travis Kelce is the best tight end in the NFL right now. WOW!
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2022, 10:27:50 PM »
I'm not a fan of the overtime rules, especially when it comes to tonight's result.  Especially when you factor in the fact that the Bills antagonist was in the same spot in the very same stadium, but with the opposite result (as mentioned).

That being said, I'll take this over the college rules all day, any day, period.  Especially now since they changed the rules to a 2-point conversion contest in the 3rd OT and beyond.

I do think that they need to modify it a little bit (and I'll map out what I'd do later); I've often said to try and win in regulation.  Both teams did everything they could in regulation.  This is one of those cases where I can't fault the Bills or even the Chiefs.  Most times, people play for the tie or play it safe and settle for OT, and it costs them.  Kansas City was actually going for the win with 13 seconds left.  That's how you do it
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2022, 10:55:17 PM »
Opening Lines & Over / Under Totals:

Kansas City Favored By 7 (O/U 53.5)
Los Angeles Favored By 3.5 (O/U 46.5)

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2022, 08:12:21 AM »
On TV:

Cincinnati at Kansas City - 3 PM ET, CBS

San Francisco at Rams - 6:30 PM ET, Fox
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2022, 02:06:16 PM »
Sean Payton has announced he is stepping down as head coach of the Saints.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2022, 02:13:58 PM »
Here are couple of links to the Breaking News Ccook posted as I was updating my tags to make sure I posted the correct message from the Rap Sheet.

1486048076343226370[/tweet]]Sean Payton Stepping Down As Saints Head Coach

Payton Era Ends After 16 Years

BTW, this was rumored on Sunday morning from Ian Rapoport around the same time news on Brady not being committed to 2022 broke

ETA: Source/Proof courtesy of the main NFL Webpage
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 02:21:37 PM by SeaBreeze341 »

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2022, 04:41:21 PM »
A week from today, the Washington Football Team announces their new name. A dude on YouTube claims that the name was leaked, and it's the Washington Commanders. Of course, this is to be taken with the ol' grain of salt. Wait till it becomes official.
--Michel de Montaigne

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #202 on: January 27, 2022, 11:13:45 AM »
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2022, 10:07:51 PM »
The Denver Broncos are hiring Nathaniel Hackett as their new head coach, making him the first new head coach hired of the offseason. Hackett had been the Offensive Coordinator of the Green Bay Packers for the past 3 seasons, and with him and Aaron Rodgers having a great relationship this fuels speculation the Broncos will trade for Rodgers to be their new QB.
https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-finalizing-deal-to-make-nathaniel-hackett-new-head-coach

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2022, 11:15:21 PM »
Hackett actually might be the second.  Maybe the first with Matt Eberflus being announced prior, but nevertheless, 2 of the 9 vacancies have been filled.

The Denver hire, IMO was better.  Offense seems to be the key.  A lot of success has come from HC with offensive minds (outside of Bill Belichick, everyone that's won the Super Bowl featured a head coach with an offensive background).  2013 was the last time a defensive-minded guy won the Big Game (save for 2014, 2016, and 2018).

The last four teams left featured teams with an offensive coach.  Maybe Eberflus works out, but it's Fields' second year; a decent OC would be needed in Chicago

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2022, 09:29:05 AM »
Commanders is out as the new name for Washington. Commanders.com was already registered by another interest. So we wait till February 2 for the actual name.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2022, 10:25:27 AM »
Aww shucks!  The Commanders would've been a cool name for Washington.  Though I think I recall that it had been unavailable around this time 1.5 years ago.  I'd still stick with calling them Washington anyway, and their eventual new name could be uninspiring enough that maybe The Football Team would work as their permanent name.  Though they haven't won enough to be considered that in addition to its lameness.

Staying with that division, the New York Giants have hired their next coach.  Now the former Bills OC, Brian Daboll brings 4 years of recent success from Buffalo. With the exit of Daboll and the Giant's new GM Joe Schoen, also from Buffalo (assistant GM) who was hired a week prior, that's a big loss the Bills will have to deal with.  It's sad too since you'd think Buffalo would attempt to go for it one more time.  It could be good news for New York, but I don't know if it'll be at a championship level.  However, it could be enough for the NFC East.

FYI: Pretty significant line movement between the AFC Title Game the last time I checked.  Kansas City is now favored by 7.5.  Wowzers!  Los Angeles is still favored by 3.5.  That might change prior to the NFC Title Game if it hasn't already

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2022, 02:23:27 PM »
Ratings & Viewership For The Divisional Round:

If last weekend is a trend of what’s to come, then it’s possible the NFL can set a new record for their conference championship games & a seven-year old super bowl record.

Totals:

Chiefs/Bills: over 42.74 Million Viewers (21.7 rating)
Rams/Bucs: 38.1 Million Viewers (Hollywood reporter)
Bengals/Titans: 30.75 (HW reporter)
Niners/Packers: 36.92 (HW reporter)

The Cincinnati/Tennessee game was the most watched game in that spot since 2016, and the Kansas City & Buffalo was the most watched Divisional Round game in 5 years & the most watched one on CBS in 6 years.  Los Angeles/Tampa Bay posted a 19.8 rating.

The info comes to you courtesy of Sports Media Watch and several other places including the Hollywood Reporter

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2022, 03:01:08 PM »
Tom Brady calling it quits after 22 seasons & halfway to his 45th birthday.  That's your breaking news for January

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2022, 03:04:17 PM »
I'm surprised he's retiring because he'd always talked about wanting to play at 45 and it feels weird to walk away from that goal at the precipice of it.

Tom Brady walks away as the GOAT quarterback and NFL player. In fact, my overall Mount Rushmore of Pro Football would be George Halas, John Madden, John Facenda, and Tom Brady.

Congratulations to Tom Brady on a fabulous career.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.