Author Topic: Season 50 Logo(s)  (Read 13880 times)

Offline plinkostick1

• In the Audience
Re: Season 50 Logo(s)
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2021, 04:44:00 PM »

From Amber's instagram stories. Not sure if this is supposed to be a "family" setup or not, given the 3 chairs per "pod"

And an interesting development, James, Manuela, Rachel, Devin, and Amber are at this particular taping, but in addition is "Alexis" who I assume is Alexis Gaube also of Joel McHale's "Card Sharks", from James' instagram stories.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2021, 10:29:20 PM »
Love the logos and the colors of the set look very nice together. They've also made the audience area very similar to what Let's Make a Deal had last season.

Little surprised there's no changes to the Showcase podiums.

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2021, 10:36:41 PM »
I'm so happy the Contestant's Row I know and love is back. The Season 49 version never did it for me at all.

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2021, 02:21:56 AM »
Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. I'll take a tiny broken up audience over no audience any day.

The actual retail price is...

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2021, 01:38:40 PM »
While I didn't mind not having an audience, and would never criticize a show for doing what it feels right to do in such a dangerous pandemic, it is nice to have an audience of some kind back.

It does look like that several COVID protocols are still in place...not only do we have the podding, but as I pointed out in Discord, that's not the normal Contestant's Row, it's the wider version that they use on couples/group shows.

Given though that the mic handoff we know is returning, I'm inclined to think that while the distancing between staff may be reversed (between Drew, George, and the models), they will still distance themselves from the other contestants, and continue to distance contestants themselves.

Offline GobGlom

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2021, 04:09:21 PM »
While I didn't mind not having an audience, and would never criticize a show for doing what it feels right to do in such a dangerous pandemic, it is nice to have an audience of some kind back.

It does look like that several COVID protocols are still in place...not only do we have the podding, but as I pointed out in Discord, that's not the normal Contestant's Row, it's the wider version that they use on couples/group shows.

Given though that the mic handoff we know is returning, I'm inclined to think that while the distancing between staff may be reversed (between Drew, George, and the models), they will still distance themselves from the other contestants, and continue to distance contestants themselves.

I completely agree. The show did what they had to do to start producing new episodes. It was weird at first but it wasn't all bad.

The wider Contestants Row set piece will work well. It won't look so odd now.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2021, 04:19:22 PM »
Perhaps the seating is based on the contestants (or potential contestants)? 

Since that view shown has many 3's, but also a 4 seat (back right of the screen) and the one 2 seat in the front.

Basically, once they pick who will be there for the show, they are allowed to select people to come with them (one-three, possibly) to watch and that way each is seated in a section?

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2021, 10:27:54 PM »
Based on additional photos in the Discord chat (see the ‘Spoilers’ channel), I estimated there to be roughly 20 ‘pods’ — four to the left behind George, 11 or 12 in the middle and four to the right (the latter for symmetry’s sake, though I’ve seen no pictures of the right side to confirm this).

Each pod pictured shows seating for 2-4 people.  If we take the (presumed) average of three people per pod, multiplied by 20 pods, that’s ~60 people, give or take maybe 5-10.  Given the circumstances and especially compared to last season, you’ll hear absolutely no complaints from me!  Gotta love those odds of being called down, too — assuming no participants are given a guaranteed shot at being a contestant with fresh audiences each taping.

My theory is each pod of 2-4 people will consist of either family members or friends.  The variations in pod sizes make no sense if people are randomly grouped together, plus it runs counter to the point of distancing, which the show is obviously still promoting, albeit a bit more relaxed than last season.  If we’re pairing complete strangers together, we might as well have a normal audience but masked.  Friends/family is a safer bet.

Edit: I just noticed the second photo posted here does show the right side, only flipped as a selfie.  Looks like my theory of four pods on the right may be confirmed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 10:32:52 PM by Mr. Weatherman »
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline plinkostick1

• In the Audience
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2021, 11:29:50 AM »

A new promo that just aired during today's LMAD. Features footage of the new audience setup (and probably spoilers).

Offline bigdodgeram

• In the Audience
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2021, 06:42:30 PM »
looking good!

can't wait!

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2021, 06:56:01 PM »
This is going to probably violate a spoiler rule.
That one particular big money game gets trotted out again and will probably get flamed out.  As is tradition.

Doors look nice.  Kinda wonder when they will go full LED screen...
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2021, 07:10:10 PM »
This is going to probably violate a spoiler rule.
That one particular big money game gets trotted out again and will probably get flamed out.  As is tradition.

Doors look nice.  Kinda wonder when they will go full LED screen...

I just want one $200K slot hit in that game, like in 2019.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2021, 11:13:14 PM »
So we know two games that will be played for a million on premiere week now, one was pretty much a given of course. Could use a better look at the doors but I'm not crazy about the 50 years logo on them, wish it was something bigger and not just small in the center.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2021, 12:37:04 AM »
So we know two games that will be played for a million on premiere week now, one was pretty much a given of course. Could use a better look at the doors but I'm not crazy about the 50 years logo on them, wish it was something bigger and not just small in the center.

Short of a total redesign, this was quite probably the best they could do given the complexity of the doors.  We’re long past the days of simply slapping a coat of paint on some wood frame cutouts to change the design.  What we have now is the modern-day equivalent to what we had for three decades during the Barker era.  By that measure, these doors probably aren’t going anywhere for many years to come, and I’m personally OK with that (although a logo refresh from S51-onward would be nice as the ‘07 logo with the random polygons is looking a bit dated, IMO).
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2021, 08:20:04 AM »
Could use a better look at the doors but I'm not crazy about the 50 years logo on them, wish it was something bigger and not just small in the center.

They do more than enough these days that's over the top. I actually think the doors look great.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place