Author Topic: The Talk on CBS = Low Ratings  (Read 6461 times)

Offline jmorgan

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: The Talk on CBS = Low Ratings
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2021, 05:54:43 PM »
Elaine Welteroth is also joining Ms. Inaba in leaving the show.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/elaine-welteroth-exits-the-talk-one-season-1234825093/

Offline wheelfan1991

• "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2021, 10:42:14 AM »
The show is a sinking ship going down with a quickness. Regardless of what happens, CBS is strongest in the daytime runnings, so this one show it's going to be that detrimental to their success. If they do decide to cancel the show, they'll find something else quickly to take its place. At this point, I can see this season being it and by September of next year, they'll have something new to fill the slot. I doubt it will be another game show. Most likely, it'll be another talk show of some kind.
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2021, 11:12:23 AM »
Or, CBS might choose to replace The Talk with a CBS This Morning-style show similar to GMA Day on ABC (the latter of which replaced The Chew).

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2021, 12:34:58 PM »
It’s an option but less realistic since the franchise isn’t that strong to expand yet. And they’re about to change the core morning version again which isn’t the best time under most circumstances to expand. A different format/take on a panel driven show would be better than bringing the Mornings franchise to afternoons.

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2021, 05:36:17 PM »
Panel shows like this live and die by the chemistry their regular panel has, and even one or two changes can throw everything off.  I seem to recall The View went through similar difficulties a few years ago during/after the time they tried to bring back Rosie O'Donnell.

The Talk had a very stable, popular panel for years that had great chemistry but that can be difficult to replicate.  That chemistry has to be natural, otherwise the audience will see through it if they're trying to fake it 5 days a week, and I guess when screen testing different panellists and combinations it may not always be apparent if that chemistry is sustainable over a full season.

Offline jmorgan

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2021, 04:23:47 PM »

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2021, 04:24:16 PM »