Author Topic: Buzzr Lost & Found Sept. 25  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Buzzr Lost & Found Sept. 25
« on: September 12, 2021, 12:01:12 AM »
These are the time slots (ET) for this year's Lost & Found block on September 25. Comcast's onscreen schedule doesn't tell what eps they are; in fact, they had the synopsis of the Faye Dunaway film of It Had To Be You and the Show Offs (how it was displayed) is about a long form improv troupe.

4 PM - It Had To Be You (1966, the pilot for what became He Said, She Said)
4:40 - Take Your Choice (1954, unsold pilot for NBC with Fred Allen)
5:20 - Make the Connection (1955, I think, prime time show with Gene Rayburn)
6 PM - Whew!
6:30 - Whew!
7 PM - Mindreaders (1979 with Dick Martin)
7:30 - Showoffs (taking it as read it's the 1975 show)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 12:06:38 AM by Ccook »
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Buzzr Lost & Found Sept. 25
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 12:42:22 AM »
Some details about some of the shows, Ccook:

Showoffs is #128-SHF-75 from Christmas Day 1975, final week. It is held by UCLA.

Mindreaders is Pilot #3 (Really, a Test Show), also held by UCLA.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 01:33:05 AM »
Ah, graci. Good to know.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 11:42:58 AM »
Whew! were the two pilot episodes. The first pilot featured a different theme and set, where you could see the timer on the charger's platform counting down from five. The Gauntlet of Villains were also different. I've seen that Make the Connection show on the circuit, with Xavier Cugat as special guest. Of course, Wink recently posted the It Had To Be You pilot earlier this year. My favorite of these was Take Your Choice, with offered a then-tidy $5,000 as a grand prize, with an interesting strategy where not unlike The Phone Home Game, you pick an item, and then their partner must come up with the correct answer, and it was also progressive in that the first four questions are worth $100, with the game over as soon as a wrong answer was made. As was typical of shows of this era, there was an extended interview segment that helps to know the contestants a little more. I suspect Showoffs was probably wiped for Feud in the same manner that Password '71 was, but at least there was a nice climax to that show, but at least its successor, Body Language, combined the puzzle element to give the show a new dimension much like what Password Plus/Super Password did. It was a very fun watch to witness some of these rare gems.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 12:22:19 PM »
Celebrity Match Mates, the pilot which eventually became Tattletales, has got to be out there somewhere.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 06:23:42 PM »
Whew! were the two pilot episodes.

Wrong. The second episode was #127.