Author Topic: Contestant acts so wild, taping is stopped and they're not allowed to play?  (Read 1012 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
So, I can only assume this is urban legend or.....something....but I stumbled onto this comment underneath a copy of the first episode featuring a regular audience entrance and I had to ask about it here. This can't be true.......can it? I find it hard to believe but......I suppose I could be wrong.

"The excitement of this show is unmatched!
It is forever my most favorite game show… My mom, my Aunt and a friend of moms were on it back in the 70’s, my moms friend got called, she was so crazy and inappropriate that they stopped taping, didn’t let her play and kicked them out!"

Offline gamesurf

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Contestant acts so wild, taping is stopped and they're not allowed to play?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 03:04:26 PM »
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline GobGlom

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 04:55:16 PM »
Can we get this locked? It doesn't seem like it'll go anywhere productive.

Offline SuperMatch93

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 06:05:16 PM »
Roger could definitively confirm/deny this on Facebook (not that I'd bother to ask), but I feel like if this actually happened we'd have heard about it before.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 09:51:23 PM »
Roger could definitively confirm/deny this on Facebook (not that I'd bother to ask), but I feel like if this actually happened we'd have heard about it before.

I didn't think about that, but he could for sure. Fair point on 2nd part as well, it is likely it woulda came out at some point by now, at least 75-80 percent chance probably, if not higher.