Author Topic: Path to Perfection II: 123123123's PG Gauntlet (S2, E7)  (Read 14395 times)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Path to Perfection II: 123123123's PG Gauntlet (S2, E7)
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2021, 10:50:38 AM »
Shoot, forgot to check on when the game was starting. Oh well, there's always next time. Good luck everyone!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2021, 04:48:34 PM »
1233: {points to Plinkoman} Why don't you step over and play for the group?

{steps over}

You really don't think I lied to you once and put one fake price in there? Let's see if your trust will be rewarded.

Is the cooker actually $24?

{pulls tab}

{buzz}

Ok, well just shake it off. Is the curling iron $56?

{pulls tab}

{ding}

There you go, at least one shot at the car. Now is the soil meter/reader/thingy $16?

{pulls tab}

{ding}

Another pick earned, let's make it 3 out of 4. The buffer is...

{pulls tab}

{buzz}

...not $80, but 2 picks for you isn't bad.

{rolls out tags}

Now Plinkoman, we are in an familiar situation somehow.

You chose $36,280 as your first choice and, based on everyone choices, if that's right you will be the lone survivor of the game, just like last episode. I don't know how this keeps being the case, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Is the price of that car $36,280!?!

{pulls tag}

{buzz}

And that's why we don't get ahead of ourselves  :-)

Now we need the price to be $38,725 in the worst way possible.

3!!!

{yanks tag}

{ding, ding, ding, ding, ding}

YES! Well played indeed. We had the full spectrum of results on that one, two players knew the car price right away but struck out on the small prizes, while we had JhayPrice pull it out with only one pick.

All of you that missed out, thank you for playing and hoped you had fun. The rest of you we have another great game coming up soon!!

---------------------

Victim Contestant List

*Plinkoman
*TPIRFan#9821
*mungojerry311
*JhayPrice

Eliminated

(got stage fright, didn't respond in time)
*JayC

(caught in T/F mind games while playing 5PT)
*gamesurf
*geniusinmath
*JarodJGames
*LiteBulb88

------------------

{remaining group walks to turntable}

1233: Well you four have done well to get here, now let's try to cap off a perfect first half.

What is the next prize, Mr. Announcer?

Announcer: Where I live, it was 55 degrees in the morning, and that's already too cold for my liking. I'm not taking any chances of anyone getting cold, so try and win this...

{door 3 opens}

...barrel sauna kit!!!

This 8ft tall, 8 person barrel sauna kit comes with everything you need to build this masterpiece! Strong Nordic spruce for the foundation and exterior and detailed instructions where each and every screw goes. Once completed correctly, it will includes a separate changing room and wood stove for all your heating convenience!! There you go, 123!

{cheers}

1233: Very nice prize indeed. Now we're gonna play Push Over.

I just need you to push these blocks until you see the 4 numbers in the prices in this turquoise blue window over yonder. Best of luck everyone

{group of four starts pushing over}

Offline mungojerry311

• In the Audience
  • TPIR Recapper
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2021, 07:34:22 PM »
I can't believe I got the price of the car on my first guess! Wow!

Anyway, I'll push them over to $6,597 and hope for the best.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2021, 08:02:25 PM »
Pressure's on for me to win this one.

$6,597 was my gut instinct, so let's go with it!
1,700 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2021, 08:50:13 PM »
I'll break from the path here and push it to the end, making $8,365.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline JhayPrice

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2021, 09:24:45 PM »
Push it all the way to $8,365!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2021, 11:44:38 PM »
Pressure's on for me to win this one.

1233: You definitely have the practice advantage, but let's have someone else give it a try.

...someone like you! {points to mungojerry311}

{steps over and pushes blocks}

We have a clear division among the group, let's see which camp is right, if either.

Is the sauna kit $6,597?

{flips cover}

{buzz}

The 8k gang comes out victorious in this one. mungojerry and Plinkoman, thanks for coming out today, hoped you enjoyed yourselves.

9821, JhayPrice, I've got some wonderful news for you!

{pulls out boombox from backstage, starts playing Livin' On a Prayer}

"Woah, we're half way there
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
Woah, livin' on a prayer"

You guys are halfway to a perfect show, please take a load off and enjoy some 80s hits while we get the next game all set.  :-)

---------------------

Victim Contestant List

*TPIRFan#9821
*JhayPrice

Eliminated

*JayC

*gamesurf
*geniusinmath
*JarodJGames
*LiteBulb88

(followed the blocks to China in Pushover)
*mungojerry311
*Plinkoman

------------------

"In touch with the ground
I'm on the hunt I'm after you
Smell like I sound..."

{turns off boombox, to the chagrin of the contestants}

1233: The music will come back soon enough  :-D

{all 3 walk over to the GPT}

Let's see what we have in store for you two now, surely something great I'd imagine. Can you confirm Mr. Announcer?

Announcer: Yeah, it's actually pretty cool. Kinda shocked it took this long to offer it, but you both have a chance to win...

{appears on door 4}

...a wonderful trip to Ghana!!!

You and 2 guests will fly round trip from Los Angeles to Accra, where you will stay 6 nights in a king size room at Kempinski Hotel, Gold Coast City. From here, you will be within walking distance of both the Independence Arch and the Elmina Castle. A great prize worth...$4,908!!!

{cheers}

1233: Wow, I'm equal parts surprised its the first West African trip we offered and jealous that I don't get to go.

Either of you could win that awesome trip playing Check-Out, as long as you can give me the total of these 5 groceries within $2 above or below the actual total.

Now let's hear about the products in the game today, shall we?

Announcer: First, we have 16 fluid ounces of mocha flavored creamer to stir into your coffee

Then, we have a 1 lb box of granulated sugar to maybe stir into your coffee

Next is a 9.6 oz share size bag of coffee nut candies to possibly stir into your coffee

We also have a 100 ct package of coffee filters to probably not stir into your coffee

And finally is a 15 fluid ounce can of french vanilla flavored energy drink to definitely not stir into your coffee.

There you go, Numbers!

1233: I'd be lying if I said I knew anything about coffee and such, but I don't need to.

I just need you two to give me your guesses for each price, best of luck!

{9821 and JhayPrice start doing mental math}
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 11:46:47 PM by 123123123 »

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2021, 12:17:41 AM »
Oh hey, I survived to the second half this time!

Normally, I go $19.32 when playing along at home, but here? I'm feeling more like $12.50.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

Offline mungojerry311

• In the Audience
  • TPIR Recapper
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2021, 12:25:44 AM »
Aw man! Oh well, I had a lot of fun. Didn't think I'd make it this far to be honest. Good luck to 9821 and JhayPrice!

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2021, 12:29:08 AM »
Check-Out eh? I'm not too good on this one but I'll take a shot:
creamer: $2.29
sugar: $1.59
candies: $2.99
filters: $4.59
drink: $2.99

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2021, 10:37:20 AM »
1233: Looks like 9821 guessed $12.50 for the creamer and refused to bid on the other 4. Bold strategy, but don't know how good that'll look on film  :lol:

So let's go ahead and throw JhayPrice's total up on the board.

$14.45. Now you said the creamer was $2.29, the actual price is...

{bag rises}

{ding}

What a wonderful start, only a dime off. Now the sugar, you said $1.59 and it's actually...

{bag rises}

{ding}

Another dime off, keep it going. Now the candy you said $2.99, it comes in at...

{bag rises}

{ding}

Ouch, that's a bit off, but it not done yet. You pegged the filters at $4.59, the real price is...

{bag rises}

{ding}

That's a big difference, but this might actually be great for both of you.

9821, if the energy drink isn't more than $5, you're a winner. JhayPrice, if the drink is $2.99 like you said, you're a winner. I have a great feeling about this. What is the price of that drink?

{bag rises}

...for a difference of...

{ding, ding, ding, ding, ding}

Jhay, are you kidding me right now!?! $2.00 on the nose! This, plus the one pick magic in 5PT, I suggest getting a lotto ticket pronto.

And 9821, cool, calm and collected throughout, getting the total within a nickel without breaking a sweat.

I've got a good feeling about this pair, we will have our fifth pricing game of the day after this update!

---------------------

Victim Contestant List

*TPIRFan#9821
*JhayPrice

Eliminated

*JayC

*gamesurf
*geniusinmath
*JarodJGames
*LiteBulb88

(followed the blocks to China in Pushover)
*mungojerry311
*Plinkoman

------------------

{walks over to door 3}

1233: You are both 2 games away for completing the perfect feat, let's not have it end here. What do we have behind the door?

Announcer: In the latest installment of "Random Stuff to Get Out from Backstage", we have for you...

{door opens}

...a diamond pendant, a metal cactus, an industrial staircase and an electric ricksaw!!

First, this pendant has a round .5 carat aquamarine gem set in platinum and is surrounded by .11 carats worth of round brilliant diamonds

Next, this 11 foot tall metal cactus is constructed of powder coated steel and makes for a great yard decoration

We also have this industrial staircase that has 36" tall galvanized rails and is able to reach a floor up to 8 ft high

And finally, this electric ricksaw has a steel frame, a maximum load of 300 kg and has a max speed of 15 mph

There you go, Numbers!

{applause}

1233: If you gave me more time, I could have found a use for some of those. Maybe...

Anyways, 9821 and JhayPrice, we are sending you on a Shopping Spree and we're not messing around. We are giving you each $15,000 to spend on 3 of these prizes. If you come back without a penny to your name, you're a winner

Now each of you tell me the order you want to pick the prizes, best of luck!

{both players pondering what to buy}

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2021, 01:59:23 PM »
Uh, what the actual heck?

Since I have no frame of reference here, I'm just going to assume the necklace is somehow not the most expensive thing here, and go with the stairs, the cactus, and the rickshaw.

Offline JhayPrice

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2021, 06:40:59 PM »
The rickshaw I think is the most expensive, oh, aren't we playing that game?

Well yeah, the pendant isn't that much as compared to the other three, like around under $1,000? I'll go for everything but the pendant.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2021, 09:05:37 PM »
Uh, what the actual heck?

Since I have no frame of reference here

1233: No frame of reference here? Are you insinuating there was one earlier? We will work to fix that for next show.  :lol:

Sticking together got you this far, why change now? Neither of you thinks it's an expensive pendant, so we'll see if that right.

Now the price of the staircase is...

{flips tag}

Decent chunk of the total. How much more is left to be spent?

{ding}

Now, this giant cactus, which is simply stunning, costs...

{flips tag}

...leaving you with a balance of...

Now, this electric ricksaw looks pretty impressive, But is it more than $5,098 is the question. I really want you guys to have a shot at perfection.

The price of the ricksaw is...

{dramatic pause}

{flips tag}

{ding, ding, ding, ding}

YES!! Congratulations to both of you!

{flips pendant tag}

Now you both are one win away from a perfect show. We will see if you can finish the job after this final break

{tears off bottom of list}

--------------

Contestant List

*TPIRFan#9821
*JhayPrice

--------------

{pulls out boombox again, presses play}

"It's the final countdown...."

{stops}

1233: I told you it would be back.  :-)

Now you both have already won a lot of great things, but we have to have something great to finish things off. Can you find something both players would enjoy?

Announcer: Umm, I know absolutely nothing about either of them personally, except their love for the show that is. If you wanted me to snoop around, you gotta let me know earlier, I got a guy.

I guess I'll just wing it and hope that they both would enjoy...

{door 2 opens}

...a BRAND NEW LEXUS!!!

Welcome to your own personal heaven on wheels!! We have the 2021 Lexus RC F that comes with all the standard equipment you'd expect, as well as luxury packages, paint protection film, door edge guards and a uber necessary cargo net. The Lexus RC!!

{loud cheers}

1233: Now the only thing standing between you and the perfect show is a little Temptation

Now the first number in the price of the Lexus is...

Whew, we really went all out with the budget on these games, hopefully there's some left over for the showcase.

Now I know exactly what you guys are thinking, '123, why is Door 3 still awkwardly open, showing the prizes from Shopping Spree?' It's because those 4 prizes are the 4 items we're gonna use in Temptation.

We even have the little price tags to prove it.

{rolls out tags}

Yes, I made you win prizes I was already going to gift, but earning things on your own accord builds character. Don't you feel better winning those rather than me just giving them to you?  ;-)

Either way, I would like you to give me you guesses for the luxury car using the prices of the Shopping Spree prizes. The second number is a 3 or 0, third is 4 or 8 and so on.

Now, of course, you still have the option to bail out and walk away not just with all the prizes you won today, but also the title of having a perfect show since, well, you didn't lose. No one can dispute that.

Now, each of you please whether you are willing to risk the perfection title I'm straight up giving you and your guess for the car if you go for it. Once again, best of luck.

{both players contemplating choices}
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 09:11:59 PM by 123123123 »

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2021, 09:27:44 PM »
If this is real life, I bail as soon as I see Temptation's board and the Lexus.

But screw it, $70,845. Go for freaking broke.