Author Topic: December 8, 1981 (#4302D)  (Read 2080 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
December 8, 1981 (#4302D)
« on: September 30, 2021, 05:22:16 PM »

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: December 8, 1981 (#4302D)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 04:53:55 PM »
Shell Game: Thank goodness this turned out to be a skunk stopper!

Blank Check: On today, the 40th anniversary of the game's debut that we now know as Check Game, we have another "LOSS" here. Although this is the 3rd earliest playing currently in circulation, this was probably taped before the November 2, 1981 episode due to the habit of HVS episodes having a short turnaround time, and the word LOSS was no longer present on that episode here, while Bob moaning about the total changing to a LOSS after just a split second probably meant that he'd had enough of its reveal. The proper check/prize order is in place like on 4251D, as is the "Range Game" think music. The original VOID stamp is still in use.

Ten Chances: I don't think I've ever seen a player (outside of a 1992 Italian Ok! Il Prezzo e Giusto episode) use half of the total allotted chances on just the first prize.

Safe Crackers: Yikes! When the second prize ends in a digit other than 0, 5, or 9, you're basically just playing the lottery, and that wasn't a bad guess honestly.

Hit Me: Many early players just didn't understood neither the pricing nor Blackjack strategy, and it shows here. 3 isn't a great card, but it isn't as lousy as a 4, 5, or 6. Think of the Grocery Game or Bullseye in terms of "how many of these", and it takes a lot to bust with two of the prices remaining. Even though it was inconsistent in the presentation of showing the prices of the products during Johnny's description until a year and half later, it was present here.

Any Number: What an interesting way to present the first prize by just tuning to Janice, and jewelry is rarely offered in this game. Too bad she got Oinked.

Showcases: If CSS was around back then, we'd get those "unplayable" comments, thanks to a MANX winning due to a highly sexed up second Showcase, which was based around the 1980 Urban Cowboy starring John Travolta. 
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/