Author Topic: Something That Just Occurred to Me About the Season 22 Premiere  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
As most of us here know, the Season 22 premiere was pre-empted for most of the country except for a very few stations in the East Coast that aired Price one hour at 10AM Eastern. My market in Buffalo, NY was one of them, but the other market I know that aired it, CHCH in Hamilton, Ontario Canada is the one I want to discuss.

It just crossed my mind that while Hamilton is it's own separate city, it also falls under the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), meaning that this would have been the station that viewers in Toronto, Ontario would have seen it on at the time. Toronto, being Canada's largest market, might have been a deciding factor as to why the episode was not rerun again.

Canadian market, sure, but Toronto and its municipalities made up a population of almost 5 million people at the time (It's at almost 7 million currently.) This might be part of the reason why the episode was considered "aired".
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline TPIRViewer

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Something That Just Occurred to Me About the Season 22 Premiere
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 08:12:19 PM »
I live in Toronto. At no point did TPIR ever air at 10 a.m. here.

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 08:25:43 PM »
I remember seeing a post by wink87 on an archived thread that episodes of TPIR that normally aired on CBS on Monday would air in Newfoundland the Friday before on NTV.  So chances are, Newfoundland got to see the Season 22 premiere before many viewers on the east coast would have, if any were lucky.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 08:36:13 PM »
I live in Toronto. At no point did TPIR ever air at 10 a.m. here.

Do you pick up CHCH there? We did in Buffalo and it definitely aired on 10am on that station.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 09:40:37 AM »
I remember seeing a post by wink87 on an archived thread that episodes of TPIR that normally aired on CBS on Monday would air in Newfoundland the Friday before on NTV.  So chances are, Newfoundland got to see the Season 22 premiere before many viewers on the east coast would have, if any were lucky.

We did indeed get the Monday show on Friday evenings. We also received CHCH as part of our cable package then as well, so we would have had 2 chances to catch it.

Offline TPIRViewer

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 09:21:39 PM »
Do you pick up CHCH there? We did in Buffalo and it definitely aired on 10am on that station.

We do! But we had our own television schedule. In Hamilton, CHCH is on channel 12 in Hamilton. In the GTA, it's channel 11 through Rogers Cable.

It's like with FOX back in the 90's. In Toronto, we got the Buffalo feed which was Fox 29. Go East in Ontario to Kingston, and you got Fox 68 which was based out of another state and had a separate schedule.

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 06:26:56 PM »
Here in Montreal the 2 then-dominant cable companies, CF Cable TV (Western Montreal) and Videotron (Eastern Montreal) never got CHCH nor NTV at the time.  So we were getting the CBS feed (WCAX Burlington).  and it was pre-empted.