Author Topic: American Gladiators question  (Read 1220 times)

Offline danderson400

• In the Audience
American Gladiators question
« on: October 24, 2021, 04:56:57 PM »
So did they ever have to end a event early on AG if a contender was hurt? Like when Alice Wilcox was injured and they ended Powerball early and she was replaced by  Alaetra Dorsa?

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: American Gladiators question
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 05:04:39 PM »
Also, I wonder the following:

Besides Mark Ortega's preliminary round in Season 3, a missing preliminary round with Annette McBride in Season 4, a missing preliminary round in Season 6, and the International Challenge of Champions Special from Season 4 (1992-1993), are there any other episodes currently missing?

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 01:49:19 AM »
I always wondered if viewers were supposed to root for the Gladiators or the contenders.
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 10:37:40 AM »
We were supposed to root for a good quality competition. That's one of the reasons the show was so great.

Offline danderson400

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 07:21:12 AM »
I've read that AG was taped differently than other shows then, always having to change things out after every event. It could tape several hours to get a full show taped?