Studio 46 - Non-TPiR Discussion > Out In Left Field

Wheel of Fortune Season 39...

(1/29) > >>

Richie:
For those who watch Wheel of Fortune Season 39, I'm noticing that we have not had that many Bonus Round wins this season even with the minimum $39,000.   I gotta wonder is the Sony Budget really this bad lately?

blozier2006:
...it's Sony. Need I say more?

SeaBreeze341:
Plus, it's November.  We're not even a week into the month.  In addition to that, the lack of bonus round wins isn't new.  Maybe the win-loss rate is worse this year than in past years.  FWIW, there was mention a couple years ago about the lack of WOF BR wins during the Jeopardy James Era.  Given the Matt Amodio Era recently ended, there could be a link to that.  Probably just a coincidence but as mentioned, we're dealing with Sony

mechamind:
I highly suspect that companies are cutting back TV and film budgets to catch up on executive pay (Sony and Fremantle included, and it doesn't just impact game shows). Unfortunately, there's not really anything that those outside the business can do about that.

imhomerjay:
Any business is going to have different properties with their own line items. The idea they are somehow balancing Jeopardy on the Wheel line makes for silly conspiracy theories but little else.

Matt’s wins were nowhere near as large as James’ save for one 80K game. The show is still giving away decent money most days regardless of going to one contestant or a succession of them.

Some things just work out the way they do. Wheel gives away a lot of money (prizes included) in the main game most shows. The bonus round has long been hard with laughably obscure puzzles.

Beyond that, while the set changes are somewhat nice, and they’ve somewhat toned down the obnoxious themes visually, the pimping out of the show seems more glaring than ever. This Disney princess week was over the top.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version