Author Topic: Question about perfect shows  (Read 942 times)

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
Question about perfect shows
« on: December 17, 2021, 06:54:48 PM »
In the FAQ, it mentions that there have been exactly 90 perfect shows in TPIR history. Do we know which 90 exactly these are? I ask since, on the episode on the Barker Era channel right now (4914D, May 5, 1983), Bob mentions that that day's show was the 22nd perfect show in the hour era.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Question about perfect shows
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 09:17:46 PM »
You also have to assume Bob, or whoever told him that it was the 22nd perfect hour-long show, is using the same definition of "perfect show" that is used here. For example, if every game except Plinko was won and somebody won $5000 or more on Plinko, did the show count it as "perfect"? I am under the impression that nothing short of five chips in the middle qualifies for a perfect show here.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 11:39:20 PM »
Well, FWIW, lineup on the episode I saw tonight was Give or Keep/Ten Chances/1 Right Price/Poker Game/Penny Ante/Money Game, so no real ambiguity about this one qualifying, at least :D.

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 08:32:27 AM »
In all of the perfect shows I saw in the Barker era there was no playing of Plinko and if Punch a Bunch was played, $10K was won as part of the perfect show.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 08:59:33 AM »
In all of the perfect shows I saw in the Barker era there was no playing of Plinko and if Punch a Bunch was played, $10K was won as part of the perfect show.
And I'd assume, likewise, that if Grand Game came up, it yielded a $10K win as well?

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 09:38:25 AM »

Gotta remember that Barkerís fur ban doesnít include any episodes featuring Plinko thanks to the game being introduced after the cutoff date. It does make detecting perfect shows much easier.

Although this does ask the question of whether or not half-hour shows are factored in. Itís much easier for three pricing games to be won in one show as opppsed to six.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 09:41:40 AM »
Although this does ask the question of whether or not half-hour shows are factored in. Itís much easier for three pricing games to be won in one show as opposed to six.
In the episode I saw, Barker specifically said "hour shows".