Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Come on Down with Rich Fields Podcast

(1/18) > >>

therealcu2010:
Surprised nobody's talked about this yet...

Come on Down with Rich Fields

Former announcer and current Tampa Bay weatherman Rich Fields started a podcast where he talks about, well, The Price is Right. One new episode is livestreamed a week, and all five are currently available to listen to at your pleasure on Youtube.

I haven't had the chance to sit down and listen to all of it yet, but it's rich with behind the scenes content and other stuff some might find interesting.

tpirfansince1972:
Thanks for this, I am curious to check it out.

NewsDirector3287:
Because I had nothing to do this afternoon, I watched all five of the available episodes so far.  In my opinion it's a good show.  You get to hear Rich tell his story of how he got to California, to getting the job, working with Bob, and lots of other behind the scenes stories.  It's filmed at the CBS affiliate where Rich works as a meteorologist, along with investigative reporter Dave Wagner, and the two of them have great chemistry. 

He mentions certain people like a man named Eddie who helped him get Johnny and Rod's old podium from the dumpster a few minutes before the show started taping, and of course Roger, who he hopes to eventually get to come on the show.  If there is a downside, it's that he misnames a lot of things.  For instance, he shows a set of cards from Pocket Change in one episode, but says they're from Penny Ante. 

Working in TV, I know how shows can blend together after a while, but that was still a little off putting, but not enough to ruin my enjoyment of the show. Overall, you can tell he clearly enjoyed his time there, and you can see the impact the job had on him.  I look forward to many more episodes and stories in the future!

Kev347:
This podcast is full of great content like NewsDirector said, but you need to take it with a grain of salt. There are some stories that obviously stretch the truth. For example, I highly doubt Monty Hall told Rich personally that he should have hosted the new LMAD (the pre-Wayne Brady one) instead of whoever did. Content like this unfortunately calls the entire rest of it into question.

Still, this is like popcorn for the seasoned Price fan, and I'm sure there are plenty of nuggets of truth in here. Rich also paints a much rosier, gentler picture of Bob than many of us have been exposed to in recent years. I'm glad he treated Rich well.

vnisanian2001:

--- Quote from: Kev347 on June 03, 2022, 08:24:19 AM ---This podcast is full of great content like NewsDirector said, but you need to take it with a grain of salt. There are some stories that obviously stretch the truth. For example, I highly doubt Monty Hall told Rich personally that he should have hosted the new LMAD (the pre-Wayne Brady one) instead of whoever did. Content like this unfortunately calls the entire rest of it into question.
--- End quote ---

I don't get it. Why stretch the truth at times? Nothing personal against Rich Fields, of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version