Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Come on Down with Rich Fields Podcast

<< < (13/18) > >>

C8:
I'm surprised this topic fell off. I've been going back and checking out some of these past episodes. Whether or not you believe the guests, its been very interesting to hear candid discussion behind the scenes. Say what you will about Roger but he oozes passion for the show.

I also have thoroughly enjoyed Kathleen's episode. I haven't read her book so I didn't really know just what a career she had pre-Price. She is a fascinating person and quite candid as well.

--- Quote from: NewsDirector3287 on June 20, 2022, 11:25:32 PM ---I respect Roger and the amount of devotion and time he put in to not just Price, but every show he worked on over his career. I respect the way Roger ran the show when he was producer, and I love that version of the show. But when he continues to not even acknowledge the tremendous job the current showrunners have done to not only update the show and keep it looking fresh in 2022, but keep it on the air when people were saying it wouldn't last without Bob, he just sounds like a bitter old man.

--- End quote ---

Congratulations for being called out for this exact post on Roger Part 2 :P.

In all seriousness, though, I agree with Roger about how the show feels today, especially with the produced audiences. I posted about that in another thread so I won't repeat myself here except to say I don't quite agree with Roger that everything is at Drew's foot. I think the studio audience and the overproduced and fame-hungry contestants are now more the problem.

And not to blow the dust off this topic too much, but I find it interesting that Rich was rumored left the show on poor(er) terms but has managed to get Roger and Fingers (whose episode I haven't listened to yet) and other talent from the show to come on.

EaglesWings4500:

--- Quote from: C8 on January 04, 2023, 11:02:42 AM ---
And not to blow the dust off this topic too much, but I find it interesting that Rich was rumored left the show on poor(er) terms but has managed to get Roger and Fingers (whose episode I haven't listened to yet) and other talent from the show to come on.

--- End quote ---

So are you saying there will be no more new episodes? I thought I read some place that they were coming back some times in Jan? 

C8:
Not even remotely. Just that it seems Rich didn’t burn as many bridges as past posts here made it seem he had.

gamesurf:

--- Quote from: C8 on January 04, 2023, 11:02:42 AM ---Congratulations for being called out for this exact post on Roger Part 2 :P.

--- End quote ---

I get that Roger was doing a silly bit and taking the "bitter" part out of context and playing up a big scary boogeyman for the camera, but c'mon, Roger, be fair, you know that's not what he said.

(Hi, Roger, if you're reading this! Much respect for all you contributed to my favorite show, but I have to admit there's a lot of things I've come to like about Drew's era. I don't live in a basement, and would be happy to not be anonymous, happy to talk anytime.)

--- Quote from: C8 on January 05, 2023, 12:23:09 AM ---Not even remotely. Just that it seems Rich didn’t burn as many bridges as past posts here made it seem he had.

--- End quote ---

Sure, but you'll notice that Kathy, Roger, Kathleen, Shane, etc. had already departed from the show when Rich did whatever it was that got him fired made them decide not to renew his contract.

Maybe he'll surprise us by getting, I dunno, Stan or Rich DiPirro as a guest, but thus far it's been "old guard" or people considered old guard by 2011.

Thatgameshowguy:
Not to start a fire in this thread, but is the podcast actually ever going to ever come back? Rich made some terrible comments on-air during a morning newscast back in November and four days later season one abruptly ended despite having guests scheduled all the way out. The podcast page then went completely silent and despite promising new episodes "in Early December" there hasn't been even a hint towards when new episodes will return. Rich was taken off air the next day after his on-air remarks and he still hasn't returned to all his on-air duties, seemingly getting demoted to weekends and holidays.

Some of Rich's former co-workers also started to speak out against him after his remarks hit the airwaves. Maybe the guy who broke into Television City twice (that we know of) ISN'T the greatest person. I love the stories being told on the podcast but Rich just kinda gives me an icky feeling. Not to mention his announcing was pretty bad too. I know Rich will see this since he seemingly had a thread talking about his dismissal from the show completely deleted from the site last year. (Unless I'm wrong about this and the thread was deleted and removed for other reasons, instead of just being locked like any other thread)

Anyways to get this post back on track, as fun as the podcast was, I don't think we'll see it come back for a third revival. You can only share the same three stories so many times.

--- Quote from: gamesurf on January 05, 2023, 01:25:47 AM ---Sure, but you'll notice that Kathy, Roger, Kathleen, Shane, etc. had already departed from the show when Rich did whatever it was that got him fired made them decide not to renew his contract.

--- End quote ---
Bingo. They were all gone before he was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version