Studio 46 - Non-TPiR Discussion > Out In Left Field

New Pricing Game idea: Hi Card

(1/2) > >>

greg:
On the turntable, comes around the newest game, Hi Card. A fabulous trip is offered for a prize. On a table are 4 prizes in the $500 range. Behind each small prize is a playing card.  The most expensive item has a face card or a 10. The second has an 9 or8 the third has a 6 or 7, & the least expensive prize has a 5.  The contestant picks the 2 prizes they believe are the most expensive & receive those cards.  The other 2 are the house cards.  The contestant keeps the 2 prizes they picked regardless but if they add up to more than the house they get all 4 plus the trip.

JayC:
It's a creative way to have a game's object be to choose the two most expensive prizes, but it just seems like a mashup of Hit Me, Poker Game, and Shopping Spree. It would also be anti-climactic if they contestant picked the least expensive prize.

BillyGr:

--- Quote from: JayC on June 26, 2022, 12:35:07 PM ---It's a creative way to have a game's object be to choose the two most expensive prizes, but it just seems like a mashup of Hit Me, Poker Game, and Shopping Spree. It would also be anti-climactic if they contestant picked the least expensive prize.

--- End quote ---

Not necessarily - the least and most together would add up to 15, and if the 2nd & 3rd had the 8 and 6 (since those two were variable in the example) the contestant could still win.

tpir04:
It also has great manipulative potential due to what cards are selected for that playing, and the permutations of those cards. For example, 10-9-7-5 means an automatic loss if the 5 card is chosen, while 10-8-6-5 can still be won if the 5 is chosen.

Would ties go to the house or the player, like Hit Me did?

greg:
My thinking was, there would be only one winning combination but different cards might be used at different playings.  One time a 5 & a 4 might win & the next game might be a 7 & 8…. Hi cards win.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version