Studio 46 - Non-TPiR Discussion > Out In Left Field

General Primetime Broadcast Network Game Shows Discussion Thread

(1/4) > >>

jude_este:
Rather than bumping Ccook’s thread about the cancellations of four primetime game shows that aired on ABC, that also included talk about other primetime game shows. I am starting a new one to cover the general primetime game shows airing in the coming weeks or will soon be premiering months from now.

First up is a trailer for Password from The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’s YouTube channel. Though the trailer may be focused too much on Jimmy Fallon, it revealed that Heidi Klum, Jon Hamm, and Martin Short are among the celebrity guests on the show in a two night premiere (August 9 at 10/9 & August 10 at 9/8).
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WyMjm7-5E8

Ccook:
A notable lack of restraint and too much hamming it up. But I'll reserve full judgment until I see a full episode when it premieres.

JayC:
For those that watched The Final Straw last night, initial thoughts? I thought it was alright, but overall not super interesting. Janelle James didn't do much actual hosting. And is it me, or does the bonus round seem really easy?

BillyGr:

--- Quote from: JayC on July 11, 2022, 10:32:54 AM ---For those that watched The Final Straw last night, initial thoughts? I thought it was alright, but overall not super interesting. Janelle James didn't do much actual hosting. And is it me, or does the bonus round seem really easy?

--- End quote ---

Basically, it looks like a fancier version of Jenga.

The bonus part did seem moderately easy, but that may just depend on how those playing it do so - if someone is not as good and pulls out the wrong pieces first, they would probably have a harder time getting to the upper levels.

SeaBreeze341:
It's not a record in terms of how absent the whammies were within an episode, but if one blinked, they might have missed them or not.

Debbie didn't win as much as last week's winner, but man was she great on PYL?!  Obviously, the hour was very decent.  Great haul; as mentioned elsewhere, that was a ton of prizes, maybe a record there!

August can't come soon enough.  There's no expectation for me for the new Password, but it just has the feeling of must-see TV.  Can't really compare it to classic stuff right now or really even after the premiere

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version