Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > Price is Right Video Collection

Armed Forces Special - May 27, 1991 (#8061D)

<< < (2/2)

CaptainPrice:
Finally, I've been waiting a long time to watch this episode!

It's a bit weird to hear the current tenor buzzer in season 19, which debuted earlier that month (possibly by May 8's episode? A clip was posted a couple years back here and it had the current buzzer). That 3 Strikes + playing was painful to watch. Seeing him lose the Corvette like that was painful. As for Ten Chances, the less said about that playing, the better.

jlgarfield:
Bob not doing the "pet population" spiel during his signoff. I take it they were pressed for time.

goldroadfanatic:

--- Quote from: mellongraig on July 11, 2022, 09:23:06 PM ---One of the things I did notice on this episode, going back to Grocery Game was when she chose the fried onions and wanted 2 (with each being $1), it showed $2.90 on the cash register and $22 total. It did not affect the outcome of the game since she would have been over anyway. Speaking of the foghorn was used for the loss - not permanent yet, as they alternated between that and the regular buzzer for loss during this time period like many other games.

--- End quote ---

I also noticed that after the 409 cleaner purchase was added to Tammy's total, the register read $17.32, when it should have read $17.33 ($2.19*6=$13.14; $13.14+$4.19=$17.33), shorting her a cent.

Also, when I saw Tammy's total was at $19.10 (actually $19.11), I realized that if she bought three Chuckles instead of two, she would have arrived at exactly $20.00 with that purchase, but the register would have displayed $19.99. I wonder if, at that point, would Roger or someone have spoken up and said that her actual total was $20.00 and she would have won?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version