Author Topic: Games that inspired or evolved into other games  (Read 4346 times)

Offline CeleTheRef

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Games that inspired or evolved into other games
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2022, 04:39:22 AM »
If you count foreign versions, Pass The Buck inspired Italy's  Bowling (the board space is chosen by rolling a ball at a numbered cutout of a bowling pin)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2022, 12:29:19 PM »
If you count foreign versions, Pass The Buck inspired Italy's  Bowling (the board space is chosen by rolling a ball at a numbered cutout of a bowling pin)

No, it didn't -- OK was off the air by the time Pass the Buck was introduced.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline FDRfan

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2022, 08:40:40 PM »
I always thought Super Saver's set and color scheme was inspired by the old Ferris Wheel pick a pair set and color scheme.

Offline FanOfDrew87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2022, 12:43:15 PM »
3 Strikes and Po˘ket ˘hange are somewhat similar in a way - because in both games, you can know the price of the car and still lose.  That said, both games rely on luck rather than skill.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2022, 08:49:15 PM »
3 Strikes and Po˘ket ˘hange are somewhat similar in a way - because in both games, you can know the price of the car and still lose.  That said, both games rely on luck rather than skill.

If you know the price of the car in Pocket Change you can buy the car with the 25˘ they spot you.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2022, 08:52:53 PM »
If anything, I think Pocket Change mixes Add 'Em Up's (and by extension, Any Number's) pricing with Spelling Bee's cards for luck.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Eddie

• Walking the Golden Road
    • #4234K: The very first show I attended
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2022, 08:53:55 AM »
If anyone remembers Walk of Fame then Rat Race plays just the same with the small products with different ranges
Shows I Attended:
#4234K, #4235K, #8453K,
#0342L, #0314L, #0315L, #0321L, #0322L,
#0511L, #0513L & #0515L

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2022, 03:54:19 PM »
It just hit me last night that Lucky Seven could have been inspired by Bullseye '72. Both involve guessing the price of the car, and having "seven chances."

I can picture the conversation:

"So… we need a new car game. I have an idea… why don't we bring back Bullseye, only this time they guess the price one number at a time!"

"I don't follow…"

"Simple, we start with seven chances and eliminate one for every number they are away from their guess. As long as they have one chance left after the last number is revealed, they win!"

"That sounds awfully hard to win… just like Bullseye was."

"No trust me… it'll work. Let's rehearse it! Oh and we probably need to make some cosmetic changes so no one thinks we're bringing back an old game."

"Oh? Like what?"

"Well maybe we should start with making it seven dollars instead of seven chances, and the contestant will just pay Bob for every number they're off."

"Um… ok…"

"Yeah, that'll be great! Also, I've been thinking… you know how we always have the prizes behind the door and the games on stage? Well let's shake things up… how about we put the game behind the door this time and have the prize out on stage!"

"………?"

"Trust me, it'll work!"  :-D
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline ntpir

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2022, 05:22:57 PM »
Haha! I'd love to see similar "conversations" for other pricing games! Imagine the one for Professor Price...  :oldlol:  :oldlol: