Author Topic: Season 51 - Preseason discussion  (Read 13673 times)

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
Season 51 - Preseason discussion
« on: August 02, 2022, 05:46:49 PM »
With taping for the new season starting yesterday, I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread to discuss all the tidbits of information and speculation in the lead up to the season 51 premiere.

Yesterday the TPIR instagram reposted a story from one the producers which appears to show some of the set for the new season - pretty much exactly the same as last season.  The shape of the TPIR logo itself looks slightly different though compared to season 49.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
Re: Season 51 - Preseason discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 06:20:21 PM »
When they get to be about 51, a lot of folks in Hollywood have the skin around the edge of their face stretched back like that.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 07:45:02 PM »
With the dollar sign now overlapping the red section of the logo by just a bit, I do wonder what they're going to put on the big doors, since as it stood with the old logo, the doors split open right between the orange and red sections.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 09:26:43 PM »
The poor logo forgot its Gas-X this season.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 12:02:58 AM »
I think I'd like to see more than just one low res photo before I judge any set or logo updates. That said, I'm slightly disappointed we don't get the full audience back just yet but if they feel the need to keep using the audience pods just to be on the safe side, so be it. Better than nothing.

The actual retail price is...

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2022, 03:28:12 AM »
A better look at the revised logo from James' instagram story. The trapezoids are curved now. I really wish they would get rid of them once and for all. But at least the dollar sign is the correct size again.
vlcsnap-2022-08-03-00h20m19s433"

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2022, 04:45:24 AM »
The trapezoids are curved now.
Oof.  :headbang:

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2022, 05:16:20 AM »
Yeah I realized how stupid that sounds immediately after I posted it.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2022, 09:41:22 AM »
Yeah I realized how stupid that sounds immediately after I posted it.
You weren't the stupid one, whoever designed the logo is.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2022, 10:07:28 AM »
You weren't the stupid one, whoever designed the logo is.

Seriously? Just stop.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2022, 10:37:42 AM »
Why do we care about the logo exactly? Oh its rounded off trapezoids. It has no effect on the show and is a non issue. Please don't insult the person who did it.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline JoePlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2022, 01:12:36 PM »
I know covid is still a thing, but the reduced audience on TPIR and LMAD just put the hosts in such a lull with their energy levels.  Sad to say, I'm just not as excited about it like before.  It's just amazing the effect the live audience can have on a production.  It's even more apparent when I've watched LMAD on Pluto.
"If we want the show to stay on, you have to support the show.  How can we lose an American classic?"  - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2022, 01:58:39 PM »
I know covid is still a thing, but the reduced audience on TPIR and LMAD just put the hosts in such a lull with their energy levels.  Sad to say, I'm just not as excited about it like before.  It's just amazing the effect the live audience can have on a production.  It's even more apparent when I've watched LMAD on Pluto.

If it wasn’t for the recent surge in cases, I’d bet a pretty Plinko chip S51 would be taping with a full capacity audience from the beginning.  That said, I have very little doubt that the pods are temporary.  Case numbers are already back on the decline and came nowhere close to what we’ve seen in previous surges.  With so many shows already taping with full, maskless audiences, it’s only a matter of time before this one follows suit.  It could be as soon as after the next pause in taping, set for August 18-27, per the calendar.  If the pods aren’t removed then, it probably won’t be too far down the line before they are. 

We also have plenty of precedent of wholesale changes being made at random points during a season (just look at Season 31), so I have serious doubt the production team will be like “well, we had pods at the beginning, no turning back now.”  Plus Television City might have some say in getting the normal searing restored, too.  After all, Bill Maher also tapes in the BBS.  I’m sure having to pull chairs out between tapings gets really annoying after a while.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2022, 02:26:49 PM »
After all, Bill Maher also tapes in the BBS.  I’m sure having to pull chairs out between tapings gets really annoying after a while.
I don't watch this show, but is this what's been happening? Maher tapes in front of a full audience with the seats reinstalled?

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2022, 02:45:52 PM »
The audience area is kept very dark on Real Time so it’s difficult to tell, but it looks to me as if the risers are in place with chairs sat out on them in place of the pods.

I guess my only question in regards to the logo is…why? It looks almost exactly the same as the pre-50 logo. Seems like it would’ve saved a lot of time and money just to keep it the same and put up the old door panels and audience logos.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 02:54:31 PM by CJBojangles »