Author Topic: Season 51 Bold Predictions  (Read 8097 times)

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Season 51 Bold Predictions
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2022, 06:28:26 PM »
I believe he meant $200,000 total won across all Plinko games throughout the season.

I did mean $200K total over the season, but only when the dollar amounts are unchanged from the normal amounts. That was my bad.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2022, 06:51:55 PM »
That got back on topic pretty quickly. Anyway:

Spelling Bee: A contestant pulls out C, CAR, A, CAR, R in that exact order.
Punch A Bunch: A contestant punches the $25,000 first followed by both $10,000 slips (not really caring if there is a fourth).
Any Number: A contestant is able to call 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8, or 9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2022, 07:50:03 PM »
That got back on topic pretty quickly. Anyway:

Spelling Bee: A contestant pulls out C, CAR, A, CAR, R in that exact order.
Punch A Bunch: A contestant punches the $25,000 first followed by both $10,000 slips (not really caring if there is a fourth).
Any Number: A contestant is able to call 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8, or 9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2.

That was the plan!  Anyway...

I actually had every intention of putting the Spelling Bee perfection in my list.  It would've been in my second batch of predictions (along with Check Game Perfection).  However, my attempt was to go with things that were likely to happen before wishful thinking.  For example, I'd love to see a winner in Pass The Buck collecting $8,000 in addition to the car.  Maybe luck hits off of such a risk in Season 51, but I'd be quitting after two of the 3 top options (even if I didn't draw the car card).

I think Bee perfect is possible, and it would totally be awesome, in any order.  As for Punch, A $25,000 winner would be pretty cool even without the other $10,000 hits.  The game isn't won as much as before, and even hitting 10K is a rarity. 

Hole in One is a mix of what I think could happen & wishful thinking.  The point gamesurf made is very fair; it's so rare that the bonus is best left at $500.  I wouldn't mind an increase, and in the past, I sorta liked the idea of a Shell Game bonus, if not something spectacular.  But only for a minute.  $500 or whatever, I'd love to see someone put everything in order in the upcoming season.  If not, so be it, since the object of the game is to win.

Speaking of Hole In One, as well as the prediction of an upgrade to a pricing game prop, I'd put $5-$10 on one for Hole.  I'd lose that right away, as it's doubtful more than probable.  I can't picture what a new set would look like if TPIR actually "refurbished" the game.  However, they did such a phenomenal job with 3 Strikes, and I have no doubt that they'd ace an upgrade to Hole.  It's likely not that necessary, but it would be interesting
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Joecad

• Outside in Line
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2024, 01:09:25 PM »
Bob dies. The show makes only a passing reference to it, and the fans here get so, so angry.

Can we reinstate torgo now? His prediction literally came correct. The show barely talked about bob barker's death and they arent even filming in his studio

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2024, 01:37:16 PM »
because they did an entire thing at night to look back at his legacy

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2024, 01:37:43 PM »
How exactly is them filming an entire hour long special about him that aired in Primetime a couple times and again on his 100th Birthday considered "mention in passing"? Most specials that commemorate the loss of an entertainment icon are done by the news programs or Entertainment Tonight and quite often are prepared well in advance (or predone). The show was also airing reruns when Bob passed away and they started each rerun that week with an "in loving memory" card.
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2024, 02:11:41 PM »
An entire hour special airing several times is by no definition "barely" talking about it. And good lord, who cares about the studio? We've known for years they would move, it's life.

Offline Joecad

• Outside in Line
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2024, 02:12:54 PM »
How exactly is them filming an entire hour long special about him that aired in Primetime a couple times and again on his 100th Birthday considered "mention in passing"? Most specials that commemorate the loss of an entertainment icon are done by the news programs or Entertainment Tonight and quite often are prepared well in advance (or predone). The show was also airing reruns when Bob passed away and they started each rerun that week with an "in loving memory" card.

Im clearly talking about the show itself. Not a primetime show that isnt even really the price is right. A title card is the very bare minimum. Rod roddy got a more respectful tribute than this.

Offline Joecad

• Outside in Line
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2024, 02:14:05 PM »
An entire hour special airing several times is by no definition "barely" talking about it. And good lord, who cares about the studio? We've known for years they would move, it's life.

Which isnt a price is right episode at all. No games were played

Offline Joecad

• Outside in Line
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2024, 02:14:38 PM »
because they did an entire thing at night to look back at his legacy

That wasnt a price is right episode

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2024, 02:42:35 PM »
It was a primetime special shot directly on the Price set with Drew, and is no less part of Price canon than a standard daytime show. You seem to labor under the impression that it somehow had to be brought up on the regular show, when a primetime special was (IMO) more effective than just a short tribute at the beginning or end due to Bob's legacy. Bob was one of the greatest game show hosts who ever lived, a major part of Price's success for 35 years, and the producers recognized this.
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline Joecad

• Outside in Line
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2024, 03:00:48 PM »
It was a primetime special shot directly on the Price set with Drew, and is no less part of Price canon than a standard daytime show. You seem to labor under the impression that it somehow had to be brought up on the regular show, when a primetime special was (IMO) more effective than just a short tribute at the beginning or end due to Bob's legacy. Bob was one of the greatest game show hosts who ever lived, a major part of Price's success for 35 years, and the producers recognized this.

If it was indeed a primetime episode of the price is right, tell me which games were played and what prizes were won.

If you correctly answered none, then it shows its not a price is right primetime special at all

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2024, 03:07:28 PM »
are you just here to stir the pot

also, ever heard of clip shows?

it's not just for sitcoms and shows trying to copy the AFV formula

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2024, 03:32:20 PM »
If it was indeed a primetime episode of the price is right, tell me which games were played and what prizes were won.

If you correctly answered none, then it shows its not a price is right primetime special at all
The title: The Price Is Right: A Tribute to Bob Barker. So yeah, it is. It can be a Price primetime special even without gameplay.

The fact you tried to challenge me to tell you about any possible games or prizes on the special in a desperate attempt to win the argument is, frankly, disingenuous. Between this and your attempts at deflecting other users about this (all of whom are community veterans, by the way), not much else needs to be said.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 03:38:18 PM by Trevor Tuominen »
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2024, 03:38:20 PM »
Mods...lock it up!
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker