Author Topic: Any chance that Scrabble could get it's own PLuto tv channel?  (Read 1576 times)

Offline FDRfan

• In the Audience
Any chance that Scrabble could get it's own PLuto tv channel?
« on: August 17, 2022, 04:35:21 PM »
Just curious

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Any chance that Scrabble could get it's own PLuto tv channel?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 06:46:04 PM »
if at all, i'd probably see it mixed in with other Hasbro properties in one channel (MLP, the Hub game shows based on Monopoly/Life/Scrabble (Showdown, that is))

Offline vnisanian2001

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 07:24:33 PM »
I would love it if it could. I'm much more of a Scrabble fan than a $ale of the Century fan. I felt $ale's format got worse and worse as it went along; Scrabble was the exact polar opposite.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 07:40:22 PM »
Probably not.

My guess is if Scrabble shows in reruns, it’d be Buzzr.

Brian

Online blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 07:44:53 PM »
Probably not.

My guess is if Scrabble shows in reruns, it’d be Buzzr.

Brian
And from what I've heard, BUZZR has repeatedly tried to get it, but been priced out every single time.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 10:39:03 PM »
With Chuck Woolery's recent Twitter activity history it would be pretty surprising if they rerun Scrabble or any other show he's hosted on TV or streaming for a while.

Offline vnisanian2001

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 10:58:34 PM »
With Chuck Woolery's recent Twitter activity history it would be pretty surprising if they rerun Scrabble or any other show he's hosted on TV or streaming for a while.

Game TV in Canada reran Season 1 of Love Connection not too long ago.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2022, 08:58:08 AM »
IMO Scrabble and cartoons don't quite mix, unless if branded as "Hasbro Family" or something, just like how USA mixed cartoons and game show reruns (including Scrabble), despite not mentioning the channel as being "family entertainment". Still, when you throw in the 1993 run, that's over 1500 episodes that could be run into the rotation. Approximately 10% of the run is currently circulating at this time, or about 150 episodes, so thank goodness for VCRs and online video platforms for the time being, but there's just so much more that could be seen. I'm especially interested in the All-American Scrabble Tournament from 1986, which launched the contained format that improved upon its original straddling format.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline vnisanian2001

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2022, 12:10:33 PM »
Over 1,500 episodes is right. The 1984-1990 version apparently had 1,458. A friend sent me a list of what was broadcast on WNBC-TV for October 25, 1988. A woman by the name of Josie shared the data. She works at the Library of Congress, and they have lots of broadcast schedules for WNBC-TV. #1099 aired on that day.

Considering that (and also considering the preemptions at 12:30 p.m. from September 1987-March 1989, and the preemptions at 10:00 a.m. from March 1989-March 1990), that was how I came to the conclusion that this version had 1,458 episodes.