Author Topic: Pricing Game Tier List!  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Pricing Game Tier List!
« on: September 24, 2022, 04:44:42 PM »
https://tiermaker.com/create/the-price-is-right-112-pricing-games-15110762

So yeah, I noticed the only Price Is Right tier list maker was missing most of the retired games, and a few active ones as well, so I went ahead and made this one, with all 112 pricing games, past and present! For anyone else who wants to do it... well, you can do it :oldlol:!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: Pricing Game Tier List!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 05:32:48 PM »
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 05:45:02 PM »
Hmm... I'm going to guess you either played Time Is Money, or you played Plinko and didn't do very well at it :?.

Offline Game Girl

• In Contestant's Row
  • game girl was a nickname for game boy as a kid.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 11:05:28 PM »
I love that you made a list but is this list of games organized by easiest, hardest, the ones you like the best or something I did not list. I would love some clarification.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 11:20:50 PM »
Generally from "games you like the best" to "games you like the least"--that's how I organized my chart--but you can always arrange the game in any way you want. The letter names for the tiers can be easily renamed.

Offline Timotheus

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Give it a whooz, Dan.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 10:28:56 AM »
Excellent stuff! Here's mine - from the glory of 5 Price Tags, Pathfinder and Temptation, to the depths of Professor Price, Pick A Number, and Line 'Em Up.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2022, 12:10:42 AM »
Nice tier list, Tim... I mean, apart from the opinions I disagree with :P. What did Range Game or Split Decision ever do to you  :oldlol:!

Offline Timotheus

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Give it a whooz, Dan.
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2022, 12:01:03 PM »
Nice tier list, Tim... I mean, apart from the opinions I disagree with :P. What did Range Game or Split Decision ever do to you  :oldlol:!

Ha! Well clearly my opinions are the right ones!

Range Game at this point has nothing to do with pricing (since it's unreasonable to price something worth thousands of dollars within such a small range), so it's mostly a random guess of what the producers were thinking any given day.

Split Decision isn't bad in theory. The timed version was the much worse version - it loses momentum so often for a timed game, and it's so hard to remember what you've done in the past. If it were more like Bonkers, with the timer continuing; or if it were just 3 chances the whole run, it would maybe rank more highly.