Author Topic: A fun fact about Family Feud  (Read 1463 times)

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
A fun fact about Family Feud
« on: October 01, 2022, 11:39:37 AM »
I just love the fact that Steve Harvey has now hosted Family Feud longer than anyone else that came before him (who would have seen that coming in 2010?).

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: A fun fact about Family Feud
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 11:58:00 AM »
Another fun fact is that the original ABC Daytime run was supposed to end on June 28, 1985, but for whatever reason, the final two ABC weeks were unaired originally. That was confirmed by Bob Boden.

So, 1997 was the first time the finale were shown, and 2003 was the first time the final two ABC weeks were shown.

https://connro.com/the-family-feud-story

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 03:12:52 AM »
The original Feud was planned for CBS as a companion show with Match Game. However, repeats of All In the Family were drawing great numbers at 3 PM Eastern, so it got optioned to ABC. Dawson got the hosting job through a clause in his Match Game contract giving him a shot at his own show.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 04:32:27 AM »
Dawson got the hosting job through a clause in his Match Game contract giving him a shot at his own show.
And the person he kept from the job, by exercising that clause? Jack Narz.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 08:10:09 AM »
Geoff Edwards was in the mix as well, but he was contractually bound to Bob Stewart.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2022, 10:26:43 PM »
I just love the fact that Steve Harvey has now hosted Family Feud longer than anyone else that came before him (who would have seen that coming in 2010?).

In 2010, I thought that it would've been dumb if TPTB parted ways in 2014 (it had been a 4-year rotation of hosts until he took over).  However, in 2010, I don't think I would've bet that he'd have been in the same spot in 2022.  Of course the optimism of him being around indefinitely started around 2012, and now it looks like he'll exit when he feels like calling it quits
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck