Author Topic: Drew has COVID; tapings postponed  (Read 4551 times)

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Drew has COVID; tapings postponed
« on: November 11, 2022, 10:11:11 PM »
As per Drew’s twitter:

“Hi everyone! Happy Veteran’s Day! 🇺🇸
I was supposed to be in Ohio this weekend to support the  #VetsAid charity but unfortunately I’ve been in bed w Covid since Tues night.
I was pretty sick but am recovering well. Thank God for the vaccine! (And 2 boosters!)
Lots of love ❤️“

COVID sucks; here’s to wishing Drew a speedy recovery!
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
Re: Drew has COVID; tapings postponed
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 10:49:23 PM »
Update from Drew on Twitter:

"#Covid update
Thought I was over it. No symptoms. Then a sudden relapse. Headaches, stuffiness, cough, aches. Not as bad as first time but not good.
Was in bed for 16 hours last night/today. Before that I was in bed. Now all I want to do is go to bed.
Vaxxed and 2x boosted btw"
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 09:06:58 AM »
Update from Drew on Twitter:

"#Covid update
Thought I was over it. No symptoms. Then a sudden relapse. Headaches, stuffiness, cough, aches. Not as bad as first time but not good.
Was in bed for 16 hours last night/today. Before that I was in bed. Now all I want to do is go to bed.
Vaxxed and 2x boosted btw"

2x boosted probably means he hadn't had his bivalent (updated) booster. Which, if you haven't, this is a great reminder to get it otherwise you're a sitting duck; immunity wears off and the omicron variants now dominate.

Good reminder COVID is still here and it can still kick you in the butt. If you're vaccinated, you're less likely to get it. But if you do get it you aren't as likely to have significant symptoms.

Offline vnisanian2001

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 12:17:33 PM »
2x boosted probably means he hadn't had his bivalent (updated) booster. Which, if you haven't, this is a great reminder to get it otherwise you're a sitting duck; immunity wears off and the omicron variants now dominate.

People in general are vaccine-fatigued. That's why uptake on the latest booster is low. We can't keep vaccinating people forever against COVID.

I'm not someone who hates vaccines; I do acknowledge that throughout history, vaccines have actually done what they're supposed to do: Stop a disease dead in its tracks. But the COVID vaccine is a different story: People who got the vaccine are STILL getting COVID, even AFTER they were CLEARLY told that they wouldn't, if they had the vaccine.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 12:25:07 PM by vnisanian2001 »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 12:53:07 PM »
We can't keep vaccinating people forever against COVID.

Of course we can.  Haven't you ever heard of annual flu shots?

I'm not someone who hates vaccines; I do acknowledge that throughout history, vaccines have actually done what they're supposed to do: Stop a disease dead in its tracks. But the COVID vaccine is a different story: People who got the vaccine are STILL getting COVID, even AFTER they were CLEARLY told that they wouldn't, if they had the vaccine.

Vahan, shut up.

You have no God-damn idea what you're talking about here, and I am not going to allow you to continue misrepresenting what vaccines are or aren't supposed to do on this site.  If you reply again in this thread, you will be banned.  If I see you complaining about vaccines anywhere on the site, you will be banned.

Spreading misinformation about COVID is one of the quickest ways to get on my bad side, and you were already there before this started.  Give me another reason to get rid of you, and I will do it.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline RedWing512

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 08:57:30 PM »
Vahan, shut up.

You have no God-damn idea what you're talking about here, and I am not going to allow you to continue misrepresenting what vaccines are or aren't supposed to do on this site.  If you reply again in this thread, you will be banned.  If I see you complaining about vaccines anywhere on the site, you will be banned.

Spreading misinformation about COVID is one of the quickest ways to get on my bad side, and you were already there before this started.  Give me another reason to get rid of you, and I will do it.

Coming to the defense of a fellow G-R member…I’m just curious, Steve, what Vahan said that was unfactual?

The COVID shot was—as Vahan mentioned—initially pitched as being able to prevent you from getting COVID full-stop, but then the CDC decided they really didn’t know what they were talking about. See the link below:

https://people.com/health/vaccinated-people-do-not-appear-carry-spread-covid-19/

Quit being a jerk, Steve and letting your personal politics dictate how you moderate. That’s not a great way to attract people to this forum.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2022, 09:30:53 PM »
Enough. This stands for everyone. Gavazzi included. We don't need to turn this into a partisan politics thread. I don't care who is right and who is wrong. I'm locking this thread until Drew sends us another update and honestly, this isn't the first time this has happened.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2022, 10:09:11 PM »
Enough. This stands for everyone. Gavazzi included.

Adam, with all due respect, I outrank you.

That said, I agree that it's a good idea to end this quickly, but I'm not letting this go without pointing out that RedWing is misrepresenting what's in the article he linked to.  At no point did the CDC "decide they really didn't know what they were talking about;" the face of the agency got out a bit over her skis, and her exaggeration was subsequently corrected.  That's all.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 12:42:04 PM »
As promised unlocking this. Drew noted Friday he is still in quarantine but feeling better..

Again. Keep this to Price focused. No more ranting about vaccines, no matter how you feel.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline CaptainPrice

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 10:21:51 PM »
That's great news he's feeling better. Here's hoping the recovery continues to go smoothly for him.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2022, 09:54:38 AM »
Thanks for the update and hope he's back to good health as quickly as possible.

Brian

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2022, 05:54:23 PM »
Drew is back in studio taping already, his first taping back was on November 29th.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.