Author Topic: CONFIRMED: Price Moving Out of Television City  (Read 44558 times)

Offline Gameshowgenius26

• In Contestant's Row
Re: CONFIRMED: Price Moving Out of Television City
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2023, 06:14:10 PM »
The only thing I'm interested in knowing is when they start taping episodes at the new Glendale location is whether they will have a full-capacity audience again, just like Press Your Luck, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, and other shows. After all, Covid cases are starting to dwindle here. Regardless, no matter where the show is filmed, I have a feeling that it's going to be an interesting development.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2023, 12:13:04 AM »
The only thing I'm interested in knowing is when they start taping episodes at the new Glendale location is whether they will have a full-capacity audience again, just like Press Your Luck, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, and other shows. After all, Covid cases are starting to dwindle here. Regardless, no matter where the show is filmed, I have a feeling that it's going to be an interesting development.

I think the pods will go away, but with the new studio comes an opportunity to completely redo the audience pit (assuming it will indeed be another pit).  I imagine we’ll have a ‘full’ audience but with fewer seats.  Perhaps the audience pit can be flexible, allowing for more seats if ticket demand is high and/or to allow for a larger crowd during certain episodes (primetime shows, family specials, etc.).

This is pure speculation on my part — they could very well provide seating for an audience of ~300 again if it makes sense.  But I would be very surprised if the pods return with all the options the production will now have in the new studio.  Spacing people out is no longer an issue — as clearly demonstrated by numerous other shows and post-pandemic life in general.  The only real issues are filling seats and the streamlining of the contestant interview process.  Pods don’t have to be a longterm solution to those issues, though — nor should they be when new opportunities exist.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2023, 02:43:33 AM »
Buzzerblog posted a couple pics of Press Your Luck in its new studio. Seems like an overall smaller space. I wonder what Price will be dealing with. If it's any smaller than Studio 33, we could be in for some major changes.

Offline Gameshowgenius26

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2023, 11:20:29 AM »
Buzzerblog posted a couple pics of Press Your Luck in its new studio. Seems like an overall smaller space. I wonder what Price will be dealing with. If it's any smaller than Studio 33, we could be in for some major changes.

Who knows for sure? But, did they say when the new season of Press Your Luck will air?

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2023, 01:49:54 PM »
Those Press Your Luck pictures do look like a smaller space. Then again, in its first couple of seasons, the show taped in Television City's Studio 36, which is larger than Studio 33, so it's difficult to make an exact comparison (I don't know where it taped for seasons three and four).

I'm curious as to how much studio and storage space Fremantle has at this new facility. At some point, Let's Make a Deal and The Price Is Right are going to be taping at the same time, and while Price is accustomed to putting up and taking down its set multiple times each year, Deal isn't -- I don't know how reassemble-able those floor pieces are. Regardless of whether each show gets its own studio, there's also the matter of storage of game set pieces, prizes, and background set pieces. These shows need a lot more than just studio space.

I'd love to know how they plan to get Pay the Rent out of Television City and onto a truck.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Hockeyman

• In the Audience
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2023, 09:35:40 PM »
Hopefully they can find a way to keep bidders row sunken and have the doors look different from LMAD.  It looks like an extremely small set compared to the current one.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2023, 10:19:19 PM »
I'd love to know how they plan to get Pay the Rent out of Television City and onto a truck.

It doesn't sound like some of the games are very modular or easy to disassemble?
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2023, 08:49:00 PM »
Those Press Your Luck pictures do look like a smaller space. Then again, in its first couple of seasons, the show taped in Television City's Studio 36, which is larger than Studio 33, so it's difficult to make an exact comparison (I don't know where it taped for seasons three and four).

I believe Radford; the intro got changed to (IIRC) "From Studio Center in Hollywood".

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2023, 09:09:33 PM »

Worst case scenario they use a tarp and put it on an oversize truck.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2023, 09:51:42 PM »
Worst case scenario they use a tarp and put it on an oversize truck.

Will the truck driver be Syd?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2023, 11:14:32 PM »
I was at the final PYL taping for the season this week. The space was small and cramped and seemingly not setup to handle an audience. We were walking on sidewalks along side streets to get into the studio, parking was shared with an elementary school, and check-in/registration was done in a basketball court. However, the entire studio lot features more than one studio building. PYL was definitely downsized, but I think if Price gets into one of the larger studios the transition could be a little more seamless in the on-air product. Personally, I think any hopes of them going back to a full sized audience however are probably shot.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2023, 11:54:26 AM »
Have they announced if the change is going to be permanent or not? If they are simply remodeling TVC there could be a chance Price will be able to move back to Studio 33 when the remodeling is completed.
1,719 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2023, 12:22:57 PM »
I haven't seen any announcements, but if I had to guess, I'd say no to a move back to TVC.  If their new space is bigger it wouldn't make too much sense.  Plus, and as mentioned, CBS doesn't own the property anymore
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline studio33

• In the Audience
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2023, 04:23:02 PM »
I was at the final PYL taping for the season this week. The space was small and cramped and seemingly not setup to handle an audience. We were walking on sidewalks along side streets to get into the studio, parking was shared with an elementary school, and check-in/registration was done in a basketball court. However, the entire studio lot features more than one studio building. PYL was definitely downsized, but I think if Price gets into one of the larger studios the transition could be a little more seamless in the on-air product. Personally, I think any hopes of them going back to a full sized audience however are probably shot.

Are they taping in that large warehouse along Electronics Place? Or are there new soundstages built on the property? Thanks!

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2023, 10:48:23 PM »
Are they taping in that large warehouse along Electronics Place? Or are there new soundstages built on the property? Thanks!

As per this post, they're in that area. My understanding is that a motion picture/TV storage facility (I assume for sets/props) used to be located in the building. You'll know you're close when you see the brewery named for this here forum. :P