Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2023.  (Read 4562 times)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
NBA Playoffs 2023.
« on: April 17, 2023, 11:43:46 AM »
Since we had a NHL Playoffs thread, we haven't had one for NBA Playoffs, so I'll start things off.

Golden State drops game 1 to the Sacramento Kings on Saturday.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
Re: NBA Playoffs 2023.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 03:29:33 PM »
The KD experiment seems to have failed for my Phoenix Suns as the Clippers beat us in game behind Kawhi's 38 despite Westbrick's 3 for 19 night.

If I were to pick a team to win the whole thing this year I'll go with the Boston Celtics. Tatum/Brown/Smart are highly motivated after coming up just short last year and they're playing really good basketball right now so I'll go with the Boston Celtics to win it all.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 03:21:47 PM »
Well, Brooklyn has become the first team and the 15th franchise booted from the NBA 2022-2023 season, courtesy of an Embiid-less Sixers team & a 4-game sweep (first one in 32 years).

Super early for writing off Phoenix!  To be fair, I’d be critical/concerned too if I were a fan.  However, Game One was the Suns only loss with KD in the lineup I think.  The 2021 West Champs have a chance to go up 3-1, but that’s a little easier said than done with the game in LA.

Denver has a chance to close things out on Sunday.  Boston does not, but they can get to a 3-1 with a road win against Atlanta.  They might need to in order to prevent Philadelphia from enjoying a huge break due to rest.  OTOH, that rest could lead to rust at the right time
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2023, 07:51:58 PM »
YES!!! My Phoenix Suns take a 3-1 lead over the Clippers as KD gave us 31, Book gave us 30, and CP3 gave us 19 with 9 assists and several clutch shots in a 112-100 win. Let's close this series out on Tuesday baby! :)

What really sucks about the KD trade though is giving up FOUR future 1st round draft picks.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2023, 06:23:14 PM »
Survival at its finest for Golden State!  The reigning champions so could not afford to go down 3-1; nonetheless it'll be anything but easy to steal a road game, and I don't know if I see it.

Meanwhile, the Lakers get another win, and New York take a commanding 3-1 lead against Cleveland, which is pretty much a big deal.  Not too sure they'll be able to win another game in Cleveland, if they struggle a little, but that may not be necessary (or even a scenario in this postseaon)

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 01:04:37 AM »
YES!!!! My Phoenix Suns win their Western Conference Quarterfinals series over the Clippers 4-1 with a 136-130 as Book led the way with 47 points, 8 rebounds, and 10 assists. KD gave us 31 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists. Ayton provided 21 points, 11 rebounds, and 3 assists. CP3 added 15 points, 5 rebounds l, and 7 assists. After this big night from our Core 4, we'll now play the Denver Nuggets in the Western Conference Semifinals as the Nuggets closed out the Timberwolves 112-109. Oh, and Trae Young went right between the eyes with 1.8 left to give the Hawks a 119-117 game 5 win as the Celtics blew a 13 point 4th 1/4 lead and failed to close out the series.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2023, 12:56:43 AM »
Golden State takes one in Sacramento to take a 3-2 lead in the series!    Next game is this Friday...

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2023, 06:33:31 AM »
Well, Janet Jackson was supposed to play Atlanta's State Farm Arena tonight, but thanks to Trae Young's three-pointer Tuesday night, game six of Hawks-Celtics will be at State Farm, postponing "Ms. Nasty" to tomorrow night...the same time Taylor Swift plays Mercedes-Benz Stadium in area code 404.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 06:48:22 AM by Ccook »
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2023, 02:17:40 AM »
Hawks are eliminated. Boston pulls away for a 128-120 win.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2023, 11:29:17 PM »
There is an NBA Game 7 with Sacramento hosting Golden State after the latter failed to close things out at home.  It might be difficult for the defensing champions to win on the road as has been the case all year.  Especially due to the fact that the turnaround is not cool for the Warriors.  Meanwhile the Lakers made sure to finish things off instead of facing a similar fate; LA awaits tomorrow's winner

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2023, 02:04:33 AM »
Good riddance to the arrogant and entitled Grizzles. "We good in the west. Lebron is old. See you in game 7." It was quite satisfying to see them get what they had coming to them and end their season with a 40 point loss. Yeah, I'm glad the Griz are out.

Meanwhile, my Phoenix Suns have dug themselves a hole in their Western Conference Semifinals matchup with the Nuggets. The Nuggets thoroughly outplayed my Suns in taking game 1 125-102. :(

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2023, 09:31:27 PM »
Golden State Warriors beat Sacramento 120-100 in Game 7 to advance to round 2.   It's Warriors vs Lakers.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2023, 10:03:38 PM »
Naturally, within the win features history being made with Steph Curry and 50 points in a Game 7.  On the road!

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2023, 12:27:35 AM »
My Phoenix Suns fall to 0-2 as the Nuggets win 97-89 behind the Joker's 39. That's right, the Joker had 40% of the Nuggets scoring tonight. The suns couldn't buy a bucket in the 4th 1/4. Worse CP3 left the game with a left groin injury. Not looking good :(

Meanwhile, the Embidless 76ers still managed to win game 1 over the Celtics 119-115 as James Harden threw in 45, including a game winning 3 with 8.4 seconds left in the game.

Man, between Butler, Curry, Jokic, and Harden, it's clear this postseason has been about the stars and not unlikely heroes.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2023, 07:13:40 PM »
The third time is a charm for Sixers leader Embiid.  He finally wins the league MVP after two consecutive second-place finishes (to the same guy)