Author Topic: Price is Right Wheel on Etsy  (Read 7544 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: Price is Right Wheel on Etsy
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2024, 11:29:12 AM »
I had shown some interest in purchasing the Showcase Showdown wheel.  I mentioned it in passing to my wife as a possible Christmas gift.

What she discovered was the prices shown were misleading.

The one price she saw was just for one portion of the Showcase Showdown "set", and that there was an individual cost for each individual component.  That sadly was not made too clear and as such, I told her to forget about that.

While I was remiss in taking better care of reading the "fine print", I found it disheartening that the "price" shown was not for the entire set up.

Maybe some day later in life I'll reconsider purchasing these items, but I feel somewhat reluctant doing so now because of how misleading the price shown was.  So a word to the wise, if you're looking to make purchases of these items, really take the time to read over all the fine print to avoid being disappointed or feeling mislead, unintentional though I'm sure it was.

So what is the price?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2024, 02:41:25 PM »
From the description:

The wheel is one piece and takes 24 continuous hours to print. The structure is custom-printed at the time of the order.

A "Lite Version" ($139.99) includes the wheel, base, arrow, and 2 walls. The "Lite Version" has a smaller base, and does not include the front walls, only the walls to support the wheel. All of the graphics are the same on either version.

A "Set" ($169.99) includes the wheel, base, arrow, and 4 walls. The scoreboard is a graphic and is non-functional.

A "Deluxe Set" ($199.99) includes the wheel, base, arrow, 4 walls, and the scoreboard tiles.

The version is selected from a dropdown menu, where the “lite” version is the default. A “lite” version can be upgraded with “walls” on either side of the wheel purchased separately for $40-$50.

Personally, the wheel is too rich for my blood, but I did get two customized Switcheroo games for $70 each I’m happy with.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2024, 12:36:27 PM »
Officially approved!

S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2024, 12:38:54 PM »
well, that's not something i expected to see today

Offline tpirfansince1972

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2024, 11:18:00 AM »
What a great picture!  So nice to finally put a face to the name too.

I find it endearing that George gives a shout out to his mom at the start of every episode.

I remember he said he had stopped doing so and everybody was upset thinking that his mom had passed away.

While nobody will ever be as legendary as Johnny Olsen, or perhaps as vivacious as Rod Roddy, George Grey has done a sensational job announcing and I really love how Drew makes sure he acknowledges all of the models and George on every episode.  Of all the current hosts on game shows both syndicated and network, Drew is tops with me now.  Bob will always be the very best, but Drew, even after 16 plus years on the show, still makes the show seem fresher and newer somehow.

Offline Combs

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2024, 12:13:43 PM »
That's a nice photo of George and his mom (beautiful Christmas tree too) and really awesome that he purchased the big wheel replica for her.

Here's some of the newer games available:

Punch a Bunch PunchBoard (1996-2016 and 2016-present editions)

Pass the Buck

Spelling Bee

Range Game

Cover Up

Offline Combs

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2024, 02:43:13 AM »
My collection so far:

Offline alansh42

• In the Audience
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2024, 11:10:04 AM »
Looks great! Of course the first thing I noticed is that one of the 9s on the right Any Number should be a 6.   :-)

Offline Combs

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2024, 12:16:12 PM »
Looks great! Of course the first thing I noticed is that one of the 9s on the right Any Number should be a 6.   :-)

D'oh! Those darn 6s and 9s!  :D

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2024, 09:34:33 PM »
1,688 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline Combs

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2024, 07:42:59 AM »
Push Over looks great. Another one I'll purchase eventually.

I still need Cover Up, Cliffhangers, Pathfinder, and Range Game.

I'd love to get the turntable (1982-1992 with green floor and outer edge), but I think it's too small to work with the full size playable games, the wheel, and the doors. Seems like it's only made to be used with the mini non playable games.

I'd also like to see some of the non playable mini games advance to becoming full size playable games. (Bullseye, Clock Game, Bonus Game, Squeeze Play, Big Money Game)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 07:48:52 AM by Combs »

Offline bonkers77

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2024, 06:02:30 PM »
New Games: Hole in One, Bonkers, Lucky $even, Check Game!

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2024, 12:24:01 PM »
Plinko Chip replicas are now available starting at $25 per.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline lejusteprix

• 12/14/2015
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2024, 06:34:34 AM »
Pardon me for asking this if it is common knowledge, but what is the size difference between these awesome replica chips and the ones they use on the show?
Thanks!
R.