Author Topic: Rachel Reynold's 20th Anniversary  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Renny

• In the Audience
Rachel Reynold's 20th Anniversary
« on: June 06, 2023, 06:41:15 AM »
Where do the years go? 20 years ago on this day, Rachel Reynolds made her debut as one of the models on The Price is Right.

So much has changed over the course of her two decades with the show, for better or for worse, but I give Rachel and the rest of the cast, staff and crew props for keeping the show going and continuing to create joy and excitement.

Happy 20th anniversary to Rachel. Here's to many more years to come. Don't forget to tune in for the episode celebrating this milestone.
"You realize... We are in the presence of a miracle!" - Bob Barker

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Rachel Reynold's 20th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 01:00:14 PM »
Congratulations Rachel. :-)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 02:02:38 PM »
Crazy to think that the only people who have been on the show longer than Rachel are Janice and Bob.

I don't know if you'll actually see this, Rachel, but congratulations!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline ballooney

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2023, 05:44:51 PM »
Rachel just has nine more years to surpass Janice.  How has the turnover rate of other models been on PIR.  I haven't been keeping track.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023, 07:33:01 PM »
Things have settled down on the model front around the time George joined the show.  Rob came and left, then James showed up.  Of course, it's been 2 years since Alexis joined, by prior to that, it's been pretty much the same, after Gwendolyn left & Devin's debut.

Revisiting what was discussed in the past as it relates to how Rachel wouldn't catch Janice in terms of episode count but has a decent shot at catching her season total.  She'd be on the way to 50, and I think it's probable that she gets there.  It'll be difficult to impossible to catch Pennington, but until that...

Congrats to Rachel!  What a run, and it's not even over!

Not to make this about Bob, but it's nice to have someone from that era be a big part of this era.  There's nothing to dislike or criticize Reynolds in terms of what she does, or who she is.  Probably the most polite, respectful, and pro over the past 51 years.  She's not going to see my post, but Happy 20th anniversary!
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023, 09:49:20 PM »
The only model I got to meet in person was Rachel. She was showing an IUFB and walking it down to Contestant's Row and I talked with her for a few seconds. She really does seem genuine and nice.

One thing I was a bit disappointed when I won Push Over was my trip was at Door #4, so I couldn't run over and hug one of the models. Manuela modeled it off and was gone once I started playing the game.

But, anyway, I love seeing Rachel and she's become a popular mainstay on the show. She really feels like the Janice of the show nowadays. I mean, they both crashed the Lucky Seven car.

Congrats to Rachel and I sincerely hope she (as well as Drew, George, and the other models) are all with the show for years to come!
1,664 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 10:22:49 PM »
Hard to believe Rachel's been on the show for 20 years now. All of the other models from the late Barker years are long gone from the show, but Rachel remains. Hopefully she will be on the show for even longer, and perhaps catch or even beat Janice's tenure.